I went for a drive to check up on some new projects in the area. Found a real nicely setup DEERE working by the road. As well as a ex700 sitting parked. Sorry bout the quality all i had was my cell. Haven't seen many hoes with the forestry highwalker setup down south but they are everywhere up northern BC. I think its a 2054 but could be wrong hope you all like
those are some pretty good pics for a cell phone...cool forestry shots!
Cool!
Dont apologise about quality. The other option was NO PICTURE ! Then you would have to apologise Great shots, that must be a beast of a shredder :cool2.
are those forestry shovels 100% deere or hitachi collaboration?
I would think it has more to do with Deeres purchase of Timberjack rather than the cooperation with Hitachi
It really has nothing to do with Timberjack at all. Not too long ago, Deere changed their colours on their forestry machines over to the green and dark gray. The excavator based machines are still a Deere Hitachi collaboration. Brian
That is at 176st and the number 1 .They actually build the hitachi and deere forestry highwalker pakages at aldergrove.They do really nice work.
s Qkoop The pics where actually taken up the top end of Coast meriden and David avenue in Port Coquitlam where they are doing a big housing development. Not sure if many guys have ran forestry highwalker setups, but one thing for sure the extra room in the cab sure is nice towards the tail end of a 12 hr + day in the bush Not sure how many of you guys have seen the show Ax men on History channel. But here is a couple pics of how we log up in northern BC. Usually skid between 20-40 loads a day with three machines........... With the price of fuel so high and logs so low I dont think to many guys would be running highlead/yarder shows any more. enjoy
What brand is that clam bunk skidder in the pic?
ds The Clambunk is a Timbco...........which is now called Timberpro. It is an unbelievable machine, will pull about three times as much as a 748GII. Completely hydrostatic drive, with a 360 rotation cab. I think that there new website is www.timberpro.com but not for sure. I will see if I can dig up some more pics of it
Born operator, where abouts up north have you worked? The only timco clambunk i have ever seen was up in Chetwynd.That is a pretty rare machine.I worked bunching for a 933 timberjack clam for 2 years,amazing machine, could bring a 5 axle load off the hill at one time and work a 45 degree slope quite easily.
I prefer a standard hoe cab with guarding, lexan/marguard scratches too easily, and makes it tough to see through when the sun beats on it.