Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Spring Project

ovrszd ยท 2014-04-25 19:08

Replaced a road culvert. Old was 40' long, new is 60' long. Grader has to be very flexible in these situations.

Replies8
  1. #1Diagonal Brace2014-04-25 21:46

    Careful you don't wear out the fuel tank guard.

  2. #2big04cummins2014-04-26 16:06

    How do you like the G series? My boss just bought an 872GP that will be here in a week or so I love our 872D.

  3. #3Graderfan19812014-04-27 08:54

    Interesting photos, no Dozer need...when you have a dozer blade, you can do more with a grader we in Germany have only graders with dozer blades. When you have more photos, you can post them, interesting to see

  4. #4ovrszd2014-04-27 15:49

    I've ran Deere since 1989. Everytime there's a model change there's improvement. But sometimes there's loss too. In the case of D to G, straight forward visibility is worse because they raised the main beam. I grade rural gravel roads. When topping a steep hill you can't see if anyone is coming!!!! Can't see the scarifier beam as easily. Makes it harder to hitch/unhitch the V plow or blade. Gains are a LOT better serviceability. Check out this thread I posted when we got the G. Includes a good video.

  5. #5ovrszd2014-04-27 15:52

    That's one of my complaints. When they redesigned the G for Tier IV they extended the engine compartment rearward 6-8". Also with the G they moved the fuel tank to the rear, underneath the radiators. This created a need for a fully enclosed skid plate under the rear. That changed lowered the clearance under the rear. Very common to get the skid into the ground. Sure glad it's there.....

  6. #6ovrszd2014-04-27 16:13

    We bought that dozer blade at a farm sale. It had a frame with it for use on a large John Deere tractor. I built the saddle that allows it to hitch to the scarifier beam the same way we carry the snow plow. I think if you search my user name activity you should be able to find a lot of photos I've posted over the years. I take a LOT of pictures.

  7. #7Graderfan19812014-04-28 11:58

    I have searched and found detailed pictures from your John Deere grader, looks nice But I'm searching for photos where you use the front blade like here for example, it is more interesting to see, what a grader can do Most people think, that they only grading roads, but with that dozer blade they can make more things (My english is not the best, I'm from Germany)

  8. #8ovrszd2014-04-30 08:45

    Your English is better than mine!!! I've got another culvert project coming up. When I do that job I'll take some pics of the front blade in action!!! I think it would be very very productive on an all wheel drive machine. Sometimes if I'm trying to cut hard dirt with the front blade I have traction problems. Our machine is rear wheel drive only.