Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Spring Tour part Deux…..

Burnout ยท 2008-04-27 19:14

Well I have been at it again. Mounted up in my creep and went on the hunt for more stuff. Me and a friend went out to one of our gravel pits because there is some decent off roading there. A month ago the laydown area at the gravel pit was empty, now there are track loaders and excavators abound there. So we also toured over to the other gravel pit, and found about 25 articulated tractors, some old 977L's, our 2 new D6N's, a 245 and 2 of our new WA450 loaders. Enjoy!

Replies22
  1. #1Burnout2008-04-27 19:16

    I have more yes I do!, I will post a few up now, and part 2 of part deux later on. I still have to load the 60 or so pictures I took this morning.

  2. #2Burnout2008-04-27 19:18

    I had to get this one in.... the Deere 9520 we bought last year in California, she is a sexy beast when you start comparing it to all those old Steigers, and Binders we still use. Or how about a Cat 836 Garbage compactor they use for earthmoving operations? Also.... 3 brand new Cat 740 Ejector ADT's. Their life consists of coming to Finning and then to the gravel pit. Thats 3 of the 12 they bought this year.

  3. #3Burnout2008-04-27 19:22

    And again.... one of the Komatsu 750's, another 245 this one is a '77 model, and some track loaders.. I love 973's. Most of the track loader pics have my old baby in them... good ole Unit 417. The hot rod, had a complete rebuild top to bottom including a brand new crate engine that was originally running over 300hp until they cranked her back down because I was burning 200-300 gallons of fuel in a 14hr shift.

  4. #4bobcat ron2008-04-27 19:24

    That old D9 is a beauty of a relic!!!

  5. #5Burnout2008-04-27 19:25

    And a couple more track loaders.... including the inside of my cab.. I'm surprised its still clean in there since someone used it for about 150hrs after I got off her in November. Rather spartan is she not? I also took a ton of 627/657 Land Scraper pics because people have been requesting more of them. I think I'll make a seperate post for them. They don't thrill me too much, but I got about 25 pics or so, and I started climbing all over em.

  6. #6stretch2008-04-27 19:26

    opcorn Keep it going! Let's see those scrapers!

  7. #7equipment fan2008-04-27 20:00

    Burnout,nice pics as always!I love those new d6!And great idea for the part deux name...!

  8. #8ZAXIS2008-04-27 20:52

    Burnout, you never disappoint with the pics-thanks for the trouble of posting them. ZAXIS

  9. #9Burnout2008-04-28 14:34

    No trouble at all posting em....Ok so now what should we show off? How about some broken crap at one of the shops? I have some old track frames from a Komatsu D85, a busted up D85, and the PC1250 thats still down.

  10. #10Burnout2008-04-28 14:37

    Well I seem to be on a Komatsu kick so I will try and keep it goin. Bonus points to whoever can spot whats wrong with that last dozer picture. It's our 2nd D475. What doesn't look right about her?

  11. #11Burnout2008-04-28 14:41

    Ok... so how about some Excavator pics, I'll start off with the Deere 800. And I will finish off with another of our cute little 330's and another 385B. That 330 looks nice I know, but I had the distinct pleasure of running it for a few days last season. The old dude that runs is keeps it an absolute mess inside. You can't see out half the windows, it reeks, chewing tobbacco on the floor, coffee stains everywhere. And at only 11 000hrs it's so sloppy you'd think it was a rental!

  12. #12Burnout2008-04-28 14:45

    Well.... time for some more Bulldozers. These one's aren't ours but their at our pit. a D8L, 10N, 6M and a D375.

  13. #13Wolf2008-04-28 14:47

    nice machines. do you ever get to do any demolition with them?

  14. #14Burnout2008-04-28 15:07

    Nope... only sewer & water and general earthmoving. About the only demolition is done with the big dozer when we crush garbage on site. Also I made a Land Scraper thread over in the "other earthmovers" section.

  15. #15stretch2008-04-28 15:14

    Thanks again! :woohoo

  16. #16JimBruce422008-04-28 15:53

    That Komatsu dozer.... is it missing a left track? Great photos as always.

  17. #17bear2008-04-28 16:05

    The door? In the previous pic it has a track (if in fact it is the same dozer but if it aint you get the prize) Door on the wrong side is my guess.

  18. #18Burnout2008-04-28 20:06

    They are in fact different dozers. I didn't know both the 475's were around here right now but they are. Broken Komatsu's equipment seems to be the Sureway theme for this month. The PC1250 is down, the 475 is down, that D85 is down, the new 85 is down, that 400 needs pins for the coupler, and one of the WA450's has a quick attach thats on vacation.

  19. #19jimmyjack2008-04-28 20:35

    nice pics:drinkup i cant remember but as anyone asked how big is sureway, they have a lot of equipment. its all for water and sewer? i guess i 'm not used to seeing it on such a big scale

  20. #20Burnout2008-04-28 22:09

    Sureway does a lot of general earthmoving, more than sewer & water. The website count is at 350 pieces or so, but our service guy tells me the actual count is double that. Earthworks gets the bigger equipment, like the 475's and all the land scrapers. We are the smaller side of the company so we get their leftover bulldozers. Our newest big dozer in underground is a N series and lost of those little D85's. We do get all the 973's and 385's though. I am also taking pic requests...if Caterpillar makes it we probably have it. We have some nice JD equipment, and some Komatsu. Make your requests.

  21. #21Dirtman20072008-04-28 22:32

    lets see some off the oldest excavators ya'll have that are still working.

  22. #22Burnout2008-04-28 23:21

    That 245 sitting beside the 385 is the 2nd oldest machine in service. Unit 103, the 3rd excavator they bought. She only has 5000 or so hrs on it... but thats mostly because the hourmeter doesnt work anymore.