Thought I would give Burnout's mouse a rest from clicking on all those photos he's been posting lately:drinkup and share some of mine from this past winter. I spent just shy of 4 months on a large shopping center job we won in Midlothian, VA. called "Westchester Commons". Rumors are when complete it will be the second largest mall in America. This phase had a total of 3 million+ yards to be moved, so there was quite a bit of iron on the job. At the peak we had: 1 Cat 375 4 Cat 345 LME (1 C, 3 B's) 4 Cat 345 L (1 C, 3 B's) 1 Cat 330bL 1 Cat 321cLCR 1 Cat 325dL (rental for like 3 weeks) 1 Cat 420c 5 Cat 963c 2 Cat D8's (1 T, 1 R) 4 D6r (series I/II) 2 Cat D5g LGP 1 John Deere 650h 2 Cat graders (143h and 12g) 1 Cat 950h 1 Cat IT38g 1 Cat 938g 4 Cat smooth drum rollers 3 Cat trench sheepfoot rollers 5 Cat 815's (4 F's, 1 B) 2 John Deere 9520's with 2112e pans 1 JD 8320 disc/dragbox 15 Volvo A30D 1 Cat 730 4 Volvo A40D And now some photos....
Hey Jim keep them coming.
Good heavens.
great pictures! yes Richmond is really growing I gotta remember not ot tell the wife about this mall or we'll have to visit it....
Did you find any relics from the coal mining history of Midlothian when you were excavating out there? Played a very important role in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
Don't worry too much, I think it isn't suppose to open for another year or two:drinkup No coal mines, not even any rock, even in spots where we were cutting 50+ feet we just hit layer after layer of sandy silts or sloppy clays and a 10' seam of river gravel:beatsme More pics! The second one (2 345's) is in a deeper cut, hitting some blue-purple clays that are really hard and dense, but still no rock:beatsme Look I can grade with a trackloader, lol:usa Last pic... how many pieces of equipment can you fit into a 10 acre plot?
I count 12 and the lowboy in the back...any more?
LOL, yeah, well each dirt excavator had 4 trucks runnin to them too, so it was fairly congested... oh, and its a 163 acre site I have over 70 photos, any requests?
All, we have nothing else better to do!! Great pics, Think I've seen a few over on DHS:cool2
I wouldn't mind seein some track loader pics..... looooooove track loaders.
big job site, When I lived in Japan back in the late 80's is when I first saw the abilities of the escavators. When I started out we had a loader, D-5 dozer, grader, euclid, 2 dump trucks and a JD310 backhoe. So the loader did a lot of the work the escavator does now so I had a hard time excepting the fact of using one. I'm a loader guy and learned to push sand like the cat skinners and do finishing work and to included grades, but the grader is better for that stuff. I worked in a quarry for a while helping load out trucks and having a loader IMO was the only way to go.
Yep, that's me, LOL. Ill try not to repeat too many of the photos for any one who's seem them on DHS, LOL.:cool2:usa Let's see what I can turn up...:drinkup OK, this is literally all the photos I took that have track loaders in them, sorry burn out I know what I need to work on now:notworthy The third photo is what happens when you find a soft spot with a full bucket of slop, it's a track loader hand stand! I will check the other folder of pics from the job that I got from one of my buddies that was on the job, maybe he's got some 963 shots.:usa
Love the pics,Hate the red dirt.....
AWESOME, AWESOME!! thats some serious dirt being moved in one location. Great pics and keep em comming. :notworthy:notworthy Trbo
The red dirt was a pain in that it stuck to EVERYTHING, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the yellow clay, which soaked up water and kept a hold of it to the point where you had to push trucks and 815's thourgh the fill and couldn't bench load it because trucks would end up getting pushed out of the cut:Banghead:Banghead ointhead
Great pis Jim:drinkup Got more pics of the 375? Bring back the good times:ban
more pics Absolutely do, (first one was a fan favorite over at DHS) I think the company bought this machine in the late nineties or early 2000's (not sure) new as a PA machine, in this configuration it has an 84" heavy duty bucket on it, but it has a long stick w/ QC and trenching buckets. Now or days, it has about 12,000 hours on it and works in VA. Should be heading to Leesport in a few weeks from what I hear.
more...:usa
some more,
Had some free time this weekend and since I can't take photos of the job I'm on currently, I thought I'd dig this old post up and load some videos from the job... Specifically these two of the old Cat 375... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx0QGVGTUhI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbPnLsXwhVA&feature=channel enjoy:usa
Really nice pics Jim. That's some serious dirt moving. I wasn't sure where Midlothian VA was. Looking at the terrain I had it figured in the Wilderness area of VA east of the Blue Ridge Mtns. I looked it up and I see your near Richmond. I love the red dirt. Great pics, Jim, keep 'em coming.
I've seen this job! I didnt stop by or visit the jobsite. But I dated a girl that lived in midlothian. And everytime we passed the jobsite. She'd be quiet because she knew I wasnt paying any attention to her until we had passed the job. Awesome job sir! Myers hiring ?
ATCOEQUIP, Thanks, I'll have to refresh my memory on this post, but I've got tons of photos from this job, so I can try to throw some more up in my spare time... after Saturday... if the then wife lets me :notworthy:drinkup Haha, small world eh? When did you drive by it? Depending on how long ago I coulda been there... Ran a 321cLCR widening 60 on the East(?) bound side back in Feb/march 08. AI-VA most likely is... they have the design build contract for the Airport connector road job there in Richmond going right now. I'll PM you some more info tonight.
I drove wouldve drove by in feb/march 08. so I probably seen ya at it at some point. Thanks for the info. I sent an email to them.