I find myself in need of a sprocket puller/press to replace some leaky seals. Anybody know of any for sale?
You're going to have to be a little more specific on what you need. Are we talking 20 ton pullers, 100 ton shop press, hollow ram cylinders? I get a lot of specialty tools off ebay, I only search for used items, and try not to buy anything new chinese built for tooling.
a puller for cat/komatsu sprocket rims
HeavyEquipmentForums Whole thread on that very subject. Joe H
that is an excellent thread, but there is no tooling for sale in it
They come up for sale occasionally. They are usually quite expensive. A person adept at fabrication could make up something using single acting hollow rams. Although for the top pinion hub you need the correct pullers, of which there is currently one of them on ebay along with some of the tooling. Not cheap though.
There was a guy on Facebook looking to sell one today on one of the service truck groups you could try to find it
Well what did you expect from a technical write up ? Post up what you need, be specific.
Any idea which one?
There is a 105 ton cylinder for sale on the Antique Caterpillar Machinery site, with a 105 cylinder you can tackle most any rim from a D2 to a D9, but you will need the tooling and the brains to use the stuff, plus you need the 10'000 psi pump to move things and a OTC C Spanner, I have 3 cylinders left and about 1 1/2 tons of tooling for CAT Komatsu and Fiat, when you get stuff I will be happy to tell you anything that might be of help, what rims are you looking to pull??? oh' and avoid reading to many service books and most of the Facetube video's have been done by Nutters that need to ley down in a dark room until their Mom gets back from the Bar, anyhow best of luck. tctractors
Stop bidding against me! This stuff is getting expensive!
If I had a good local independent mechanic, I wouldn't have to buy tooling. I hear they are all moving to texas.
Stop bidding against me! This stuff is getting expensive! Stop buying stuff. Less crap to move. Joe H
thanks for the help tylerd4c tctractors- i specifically need to pull the rim on a d65-6, thanks for documenting your work in that thread
Well the Komatsu stuff is fixed up similar but not the same, the D65 has a twin path roller bearing on the outer location and you will need a C Spanner, the Dash 6 is Cummins powered and a nice tractor, don't be thinking that you will get many parts from Komatsu for it as they leave off things at around 20 years old, I do have all the tooling for Komatsu's up to 155 size, if you were handy in the U.K. I would knock it down next week. tctractors.
not to worry. I don’t mind traveling. Probably not more than 8 hours or so to get to the job site.
Stop buying tools? What kind of strange language are you speaking? Half the fun of being a mechanic is having all kinds of cool stuff to play with.
8 hours drive doesn't get you anywhere in texas.
Just deeper into Texas
On a plant visit @ Corsicana Texas, natives suggested a "local" restaurant for a local specialty after work. We out of towners piled into the car and drove... And drove... Two hours later, we finally got there. I would have been happier with a Big Mac than that long drive.