Just some random pictures from recent projects.
Some more...
a few more
So basically...this thing walks? :IMO :wierd But apparently it's a handy little machine with a niche market.
And the last of them...for now
That's right stretch. When the terrain gets really steep I take the little wheels off so they are out of the way and I walk. Or I can also drive down the road just like a rubber tire back hoe, although not quite as fast.
What a neat machine. I wish I was S-M-R-T and invented something like that.
more power to you for getting the work...but couldn't the homeowner in that particular application hired a tracked skid steer and accomplished the same thing for a lot less money? whatever the market will bear dude....bring in the bucks!!!!
Thanks Day, it's finally coming together eh :drinkup I was actually referred to the homeowner by a friend of mine who has a bobcat and hoe attachment for it. He had a look at it and he may have been able to get down but not back up. It's hard to tell in the pics but not only was it really steep but also uneven. The property on the right is at a higher elevation then the one on the left. tight too, there is only 8 feet between the stairs. A track skid steer may have done it but it would have been tough and taken a lot longer....I doubt he could have sat on that slope and worked though and he couldn't reach from the top to clean it up. So in the end me being able to do it so much faster makes me cheaper. Here is a shot from the top that shows a little better how steep it is.
Neat machine That is a handy looking machine there. One would prolly make some good money around here as well with all the hills and ponds that get worked on. I visited yer site and it looks good and I enjoy all the pictures as well
very cool pictures!
great pics. neat machine
i wanna play. can i? please?
how do the controls work on the spider excavator how do you move the legs?
On my 5000T2 I have Case type hand controls for the boom, and separate control levers for each leg that allows side to side and up and down placement. In essence it give you 3 axis control of the leveling of the turntable in relationship to the ground. Almost any slope can be moved on til you reach the balance point at which point better have a winch uphill to add to your downhill stability as you work. Digging pipelines, cellphone and powerline towers in mountains can take you over some very rough terrain which is what the Muck was designed for. In Florida they use it for canal excavation and bank mowing.
I read an article a few months ago about a company I think out of British Columbia that was using a spyder hoe to work on Mountain slopes in the rockies. I live in flat country and I can think of a few places a machine like that would work well in.
Just being going through some of my photos and came across these. Taken south of Princeton, BC and being used on some road and stream restoration work in the mid '90's. I understood the owner/operator was from Port Alberni at that time. Neat to watch:
A few of my mini walker
Not sure how to right the picture. Please feel free to rotate it if anyone can.Thanks
Again if anyone can rotate this please do.