Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Squeaky Loader Linkage? How to grease?

Michael Gates · 2023-11-30 10:17

My loader on my JD 410 is squeaking. I don't see any grease fittings. How do I grease this thing? Circled in the picture.

Replies10
  1. #1heymccall2023-11-30 19:17

    The links have Zerks.

  2. #2Delmer2023-11-30 21:01

    If they don't have zerks, find the holes and put zerks back in.

  3. #3Michael Gates2023-12-01 10:04

    Cool... I will try that. But they looked like pins only from the diagram.

  4. #4NH575E2023-12-01 10:23

    Expand the illustration and see if there is another #14 reference. BUT it's interesting the dowel pins have the same part number with different reference numbers.

  5. #5Michael Gates2023-12-01 10:29

    There isn't another 14 reference. And I looked thoroughly on the equipment itself. When I go back, I'll check it out. Just seems odd. I hope I'm wrong

  6. #6Delmer2023-12-01 10:37

    #4 and 8 are where the zerks are in earlier models, check the end of the trunion shafts also if there's nothing on the links at that joint.

  7. #7Michael Gates2023-12-20 11:32

    So checked it out, and no zerks. Here are some pictures...

  8. #8Delmer2023-12-20 11:37

    Remove the plug, install zerk, grease. Probably a good idea to clean the hole out with a wire, then brake cleaner, then fill with oil/atf, then add the zerk and grease.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2023-12-20 12:41

    I would check the owners manual and usually they give a greaser diagram.

  10. #10Zewnten2023-12-20 20:30

    Those might be “grease-less” bushings. They were becoming more common. Some type of plastic that doesn’t need grease but if they make noise they need replaced. John Deere parts.com will tell you.