Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

stabilizer link pivot pin removal

firefighter jim · 2025-04-25 19:16

I was hoping someone could help me out .I recently bought a backhoe attachment for my s175 bobcat skid steer and i am trying to install the hooks that hold the backhoe in place The hooks mount on the side of my machine but i have to remove the old pivot pins that hold the stabilizer bar in place. I have removed the grease fittings on them and bolts. The hooks have a pivot pin on them that take the place of my existing pivot pins. I have sprayed them with pb blaster and pounded on them with a hammer trying to force them in both directions to get them out but they will not move either way. What am i doing wrong. Jim

Replies7
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-04-26 01:47

    Can you post a pic. or two? Pins might be worn enough they have a lip that is hanging up. Need to make sure the pins have no weight on them. They should turn easily then and come out without too much trouble. Also check to make sure they don't come out only one way.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-04-26 07:36

    Good luck. Those pins are always in there and usually don’t want to move. I have used a air impact driver and gotten them to move after a while.

  3. #3cuttin edge2025-04-27 17:07

    I have done so many personal projects where torches would have made things so much easier. I worked on a suspension bolt for 3 evenings. Mechanic at work slipped by with his service truck. 2 minutes

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-04-28 07:07

    Torches come at a cost. I’m sick of paying rental on my tanks and have tried multiple ways to get out of it but around here all the gas companies that I can find, make it as hard as possible to own your own tanks. I pay 125 for each tank a year and fill ups are about 60 bucks. Think I’m gonna go with Maine Oxy next year as I have my Argon and Argon mix with them and they seem to be cheaper. I own my Argon and Argon mix and used to own my own Oxy and Acetalyne but then they wanted them tested, then insurance then a whole bunch of other crap. You can own your own B tanks and a small Oxygen that’s good for 25 minutes of cut time. Tanks are nice but aggravating, especially if you don’t use them much. Sorry, rant, just spent a few hours jumping through hoops, after I bought a couple of nice used tanks on FB and couldn’t get them filled, so had to leave them.

  5. #5cuttin edge2025-04-28 07:24

    We can get tanks at princess auto. Something like harbor freight. But they are small and no one will fill them. Guy at work gets tanks from our shop, and just pays for them. I was looking at buying a small mig welder, but I can't get gas

  6. #6terex herder2025-04-28 08:56

    Around here there are several retailers that will exchange tanks without worrying about who's neck ring is on the tank.

  7. #7HarleyHappy2025-04-28 11:50

    Sadly, there used to be but none that I can find anymore. When I was working where they delivered, I would pay cash for a tank that fell off the truck and it was always 50 bucks and I would give him back the empty. That is no more, I just inquired at Maine Oxy and unless you buy the tanks from them, you have to pay to have it pressure tested every year and you had to register it. If you already had a tank and couldn’t prove ownership, and not just a piece of paper hand written, they won’t touch it. They did give me better rates than Matthew’s so at the end of the year, I may switch to them.