I found this Stall test procedure in another post but it is for an SL or a L, will it work for an SK non turbo? I am looking at a 95 SK and would like to check it out better than just eyeballing it. I have done some research and know how to test the pins & bushings, where to look for leaks, etc.. and I am going to try to get an oil sample also Any other tips on what to look for would be helpful also, this will me my first hoe. Thanks dman
Hello dman & welcome ! That is stall test sheet I posted - I don't have one for an SK - the proceedure is the same & the specs between the models would be very similar ( probably somewhere between NA & Turbo SLE on the 'combined' test) As regards things to look for on an SK - same list as on that other post - but add an inspection of the transaxle mounting bolts as there are only 4 bolts that hold that thing in, & some machines make a habit of breaking them. Plus make sure the rear axles have pre-load as this is a big job to repair - to check this, raise the machine off ground & wrestle the rear wheels - there should be no movement there.
Hi all, There is some 580SK stall tests, rather hard to attach files with quality, so all care but no responsibility for how they read your end.
NOW that's what I'm talking about! Thanks a TON ALRMAN and AU.CASE that should help a bunch to narrow down the choice. I have been searching the web and this forum very intensively for such information. I have found a lot of helpful tips and item to check but nothing as telling as these tests should be. Maybe that should be a sticky-- a master list of what to look for when buying a used Hoe. it is really a crap shoot anytime you are buying used equipment of any kind this information helps tip the house odds in your favor. Thanks again I really appreciate it and I am sure many others will benefit also Dman
Does there exist a similar testing procedure for a Ford 655? Thanks in advance!
Horsevad - welcome to HEF. There probably is a stall spec for the 655, I can't help you with it , but you may get a better chance of a response if you started a new thread with appropriate title to get the attention of some who might.