Hello Very new to forum still learning on what to get. I read that a case 580 SE is the better way to go when looking for a older machine. Is this because they stand up better, are they easily mantained. I must say it seem that at lot of different models did not seem to stand up well. I'm also surprise at how poorly a lot of used machines are in, I would think when you spend $75000 plus on a new machine they would stand up better and that the operators would look after them.For instance if you grease all the pins and king pin these should run for every No?. And why is it that the paint that cases uses does not stand up well. If I"m looking for a 580 something backhoe, or a jd450 with a hole and front bucket what would be the better choose/route to go. Would a small crawer be easer to mantain,is there less things to go wrong,do the stand up better that a backhoe Thank
Good luck.
What was I thinking? Used Hoes. Had me going there
What is considered high hrs? Looking at a 580 super E with 7800hrs. Alot of new parts and good tires.
Howzit ? Need some quick advice and opinions from all you experienced "hoes".I'm in the market for my first backhoe which I'll be using to dig gravel (landscaping) and load said gravel on trucks. I'm looking at a Case 580SK Turbo tommorrow.Will this machine do me right? Its year of manufacture is 1994 and it has done 6800 hours. Thanking you in anticipation
The entire line of Case 580 is solid. 6800 hours isn't too high but you also never know how the machine was operated and what the machine was doing. Maybe that is 6800 hours of intense work or maybe it was used mostly on a farm moving lighter loads. You can get an overhaul done on your machine by an experienced mechanic which probably wouldn't be a bad idea. i've seen backhoes which have had upawards of 12000 hours but i'm sure they were very well taken care of. Either way I think you will be happy with the Case
Just bought my first backhoe. Its a 4wd 580K that seems to be in decent shape. Got it at auction for 8k. It has 6k hrs. I want to service everything since I can't be sure when the last service was. Where can I get info fluid specifications? I also would like to get a good manual for this machine. Where can I get one. Any advice is welcome.
You can get reprint manuals from http://www.jensales.com/Case_c_127074.html Also, you can check on ebay. I bought a complete Ford service manual for $35. You are wise to change all fluids and filters from the beginning. I would also treat the first couple tanks of fuel with some type of fuel conditioner. Good luck, John
Good-dog Did you ever get a backhoe?
No not yet ,slowly learning all about what to look for when buying used. I'm in no hurry
10/4 I have a used 1989 580K, you can see it on my website www.accuratemachinery.com but more importantly, I have been writing articles about inspecting machinery. I have one titled "Check that loader backhoe part 1", part 2 is not finished I can send part 1 to you if you want it. I don't know if the forum would want it posted here. I have other tech articles on www.equipmentdaily.com I will be posting my backhoes articles on my own website soon, possibly tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can post a whole article here, it is about 1400 words.
That sounds great. But what I would like to see is a you tube type film on how to check all the things on a used backhoe,King pins, bushings and pins,things like the engine,transmission.It would also be helpful to be able to watch some of the common types of repairs, going step by step.
I'd suggest going to the Iron Planet website and pick a backhoe out of the lineup of the ones that are coming up for auction. Pick the brand and model of one that you would buy and see if it has the Iron Clad Assurance. Then, look at the inspection points that are covered and the rating that the inspector gives them. There will be some comments beside some of them, like heavy to moderate wear and so on. There are always 50 - 60 pictures to go along with the inspection, so it's like getting a guided tour of an inspection. Good luck. By the way, at the bottom of the inspection are the oil samples from the engine, trans, and hydraulic oils. These are also very good indicators of wear. Do a Google search on oil analysis and learn the basics of what it's telling you (how to read one). I have personally used this auction for purchases and am very pleased with everything on about 15 - 20 items I've bought through them.
Im going to be looking at a case 580 super e not sure of the hours for around $7000. All is supposed to be tight with no leaks
The last machine I was running before he traded it an 06 580M turbo, worked 8hours a day day in day out. Worked the **** outa it 5500hrs pretty loose. In my eyes it was rough but the 2 dealers that looked at it both said it was in great shape and offered much more for trade than I expected. Look at Dgodgrs machine for example, 12,000hours in excellent shape. My point is high hours dont always mean its a bad machine. Find one that had a good operator that took care of it or owner as well. Some times its not easy to get the full true story on a machine but good ones are out there.
Thanks for the link to jensales, hopefully they can get me a manual!
let me sell you a 580K jabbers $10,000