I looked at a Star Industries (Ft. Worth, Texas) 72" demolition grade root grapple yesterday. It looked very solid ($2,800.00) and 950 Lbs. Anyone with experience with this product or other Star products? Also Construction Equipment has a very heavy duty grapple. Please comment! Legdoc
I bought a Pirhanha (or some such) off of EBay a few years ago. I use it for farm type demo, large rock moving, etc. i'm thinking it was 600# or so. After not too much use I probably added 300# of reinforcement to it, wishing I had done it before I bent it. So the initial weight of that one pleases me. My biggest issue is with hoses. Mine come out of the top- center of the grapple. I use a bungee hooked to the ROPS to keep them up out of the pinch points in general work. But when I go to dump in a truck or on top of a brush pile I have to unhook the bungee strap. I would be much happier if mine exited the end and could run right up the lift arm to the quick connects. I guess I could buy one from Cat and it would...Just my .02.