How the heck do you keep Starlings for nesting in a barn or shed? Everything I got slowly turns bird poop white. The cat gets too much Purina(and that ain't gonna change according to my wife), I have tried the plastic owls-useless. Thanks, Greg
find someone that want to get rid of some outside cats. Just let them go and do there thing. Had about 10 on my uncles farm and they kept the mice and bird population pretty low.
It helps to put a stairway/ramp so the cat can get up in the rafters. Also for the long term remedy you need to pull the nests down every day so young ones don't hatch. They come back to their birth place to nest so the cycle has to be broken. Total darkness will keep them out . My last building doesn't have sky lights. I can leave the doors open for days but when closed in for the night they want out real bad and don't come back. good luck
Every year the buggers are trying to nest in the trolley of a rolling door in my shop! And their swauking gets annoying when I'm working in there so I fire up the 3-71 detroit in the ol galion grader and give them a little taste of pure detriot emisssions. The sqwauking seems to stop. But then a day or 2 later the bastards are back.