Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Autoenginuity scan tool

dblaneyfan ยท 2012-03-16 09:02

Has anyone had any experience with Autoenginuity scanners? I am looking to get a higher quality scan tool (currently using an Equus Innova) to troubleshoot our Powerstroke diesels, curious if the Autoenginuity is good software. Thanks, J

Replies10
  1. #1Newman2012-03-18 16:34

    I've had AE for a while now. I've scanned more powerstrokes than I can count. I like the software and for the price you can't beat it. I'm sure there is better stuff out there but i just use it on my personal trucs and friends trucks.

  2. #2dblaneyfan2012-03-19 09:12

    Cool Newman, thanks. You just sold me on it. J

  3. #3Newman2012-03-19 17:20

    If you were close I would let you try mine out.

  4. #4TheOldMan2012-03-19 18:18

    I'll tell you what, dblaneyfan, when you get it, you can scan mine. I'm in N Fl, can't be that far away, and don't think mine has ever been scanned. Just a minute - maybe I don't wanna know!

  5. #5dblaneyfan2012-03-19 18:26

    Lord knows I would probably like the terrain a little better, has to be easier on the tractor and the operator than these swamps!

  6. #6dblaneyfan2012-03-19 18:32

    Are you located in the Callahan/Hilliard area? Spent a large portion of 2004 working for Rayonier in that area. I won't forget that year, three or four hurricanes came through.

  7. #7Newman2012-03-19 18:32

    We don't have rust issues but the ground can be rock hard in certain places. The 120 degree heat tests them too

  8. #8Newman2012-03-19 18:34

    Are you guys driving 6.0s or 7.3s?

  9. #9dblaneyfan2012-03-19 23:20

    It's much worse than that, 6.0's (pre- and post-mid 2005 models) 7.3's, and 6.4's. Believe it or not, we have had the least trouble from the 6.0's made after mid 2005. Www.powerstroke.org and powerstrokenation.com have been some very good friends for me :idea J

  10. #10RayF2012-03-20 00:17

    I have a 6.4 F350. Do the AE scanners work well on them? Mine threw a code when I put in some new batteries and I would rather buy something than pay a dealer an arm and a leg to cancel it