Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

STARTER 1967 INTERNATIONAL REMOVAL

DON AHL ยท 2017-02-16 14:11

i HAVE A 1967 INTERNATIONAL TRACTOR WITH A LOADER AND BACKHOE. THE STARTER IS DEAD. IT SPINS BUT WILL NOT ENGAGE. I CAN SEE THE BACK OF THE STARTER AND SOLINOID. HOW DO I REMOVE IT? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FIX IT. I JUST DON'T SEE HOW TO GET IT OUT.

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2017-02-17 07:23

    Model name or number needed. After 3 posts you can upload a much needed photo of it.

  2. #2DON AHL2017-02-17 09:05

    1967 international 3616. I can see the starter but have no idea how to get it out.

  3. #3Delmer2017-02-17 11:58

    Usually there's three bolts going into the bellhousing. Maybe 9/16"? They're a pain to get at sometimes even when you have access to the starter. At least the one in the back. Lots of wobble extensions is the best way to get a socket in there.

  4. #4DON AHL2017-02-18 12:18

    Do I need to take off the angle iron in front of driver compartment? What a pain in the a...

  5. #5DON AHL2017-02-18 12:24

    I can get to two of the bolts. The third I can not see or put a finger on. This machine is 10 years younger than me. I still work, it should too.

  6. #6kshansen2017-02-19 09:54

    Maybe a picture of the starter itself would help?

  7. #7DON AHL2017-02-19 13:21

    I got it out. had to take up the floor in cab to get it out. now to find parts for it. thanks for your help everyone.