Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Starter parts help

ktm250rider ยท 2016-07-21 15:12

Need a new solenoid on my Hyundai R130 LC3 excavator with cummins 4BTA engine. The starter is a Delco-Remy Series 28MT model 113277. I need to replace the solenoid on the starter (part number 10457116). I cant seem to find one anywhere on the internet. It could be just a bad search day. Any ideas on replacement or substitutes for the solenoid?

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2016-07-21 16:07

    http://www.urqualitysolutions.com/N...10457123-1113277-1113291-SSNK926-SSNK-926.htm Good outfit, I buy from them often, no complaints.

  2. #2ktm250rider2016-07-21 18:46

    Wow are you kidding me, THANKS!!! I've been searching all day with no luck.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-07-22 04:42

    Practice, lol... Hope it works out for you.

  4. #4ktm250rider2016-07-30 10:56

    Sanel auto parts came through and found one. Cost me $17.50 plus 10 bucks for shipping! Still the same problem though. rapid clicking when I turn the key. I had to replace the solenoid anyways because the battery side lug was stripped and the cable was loose. All seems tight now but no change.

  5. #5Delmer2016-07-30 11:20

    The clicking is from the voltage dropping when the load (starter) is connected, once the coil or relay releases, then the voltage goes back up and closes the relay. It could be any relay in the starting circuit, use some test leads and a voltmeter. See where the voltage is stable and where it goes up and down with the clicking. Another possibility is a loose/corroded connection, the voltage checks will find that out if you follow them correctly.