Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Starter Solenoid?

Brendon Benton ยท 2018-12-09 01:30

Hello all, Would anyone happen to know where to starter solenoid is on a case 9020b? All I found is a damn battery relay and of course the starter. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies13
  1. #1uffex2018-12-09 06:19

    Good day Brendon Give us a snap of it chance are some one will recognise the make and source. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2John C.2018-12-09 12:28

    I've not seen one where the solenoid wasn't attached to the starter.

  3. #3RZucker2018-12-09 13:27

    If that one has the gear reduction starter, the solenoid is inside the starter case. Do you get power to the small wire at the starter when you turn the key to "start"? Those starters are notorious for failures with no warning signs.

  4. #4John C.2018-12-09 14:05

    I think it is an Isuzu engine with the standard type of starter.

  5. #5funwithfuel2018-12-09 14:11

    does your starter look like this

  6. #6kshansen2018-12-09 15:06

    Don't know about a Case 9020b but that sure looks like the starter on my Sportsters. Basic Nippon Denso starter that any good automotive starter shop should be able to fix or supply replacement parts for. And yes the solenoid is under that gold colored three bolt cover at the bottom that is partial covered by the large wire.

  7. #7John C.2018-12-09 15:28

    That's not the unit I'm familiar with in and excavator but hopefully it is correct.

  8. #8Brendon Benton2018-12-09 19:05

    That is what my starter looks like. I found the solenoid and that's what the problem was. Someone wired it backwards. Starts right up now. Thanks guys.

  9. #9funwithfuel2018-12-09 19:06

    Now, you just got all that other fun ahead of you. Good catch

  10. #10tool_king2018-12-09 19:42

    Where was the solenoid mounted .Can you email me a picture of it..Email is [email protected]

  11. #11Brendon Benton2018-12-09 23:24

    I can take a picture tomorrow. It's on the other side of the ranch. But it is right above the battery relay. Rear left side door where the battery's are.

  12. #12Brendon Benton2018-12-09 23:37

    I sent you an email hopefully it helps out till I can get you a picture.

  13. #13tool_king2018-12-10 00:18

    Thank you for getting back to me . A friend of mine here has one that I have worked .It is always nice to know things are on the machine .