Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

starting new end of company

starrtruckin ยท 2007-10-23 18:09

my father & i have 10 triaxle dump trucks of are own and 17 owner oper. & a jcb backhoe we are a for hire dump truck rental company in PA, but I am wanting to get into the excavating deal as well & i am looking for some good advice or direction to what i should start of doing/ basements, home uitily ditches, septic sand mounds, etc. or is there some sort of angle i can work with all the trucks, I just wanted to see what a bunch of expenced excavation busness man like ur selves though i might need to do thank you for your time cause time is $$$$ hope to hear back

Replies16
  1. #1TRACKHOE712007-10-23 18:38

    Welcome to HEF! Jordan

  2. #2Countryboy2007-10-23 20:17

    Welcome to HEF starrtruckin! :drinkup

  3. #3nedly052007-10-23 20:52

    Start small, work in some excavating where you can, as long as you have the machine already, work it when you can, maybe pull a truck when needed and use it with the backhoe. Feel out the market by advertising a backhoe service, do the jobs as they come in,Build it up over time, I think that is the best route. Any pics of the trucks??? GOOD LUCK!:thumbsup

  4. #4starrtruckin2007-10-23 21:19

    truck pics

  5. #5starrtruckin2007-10-23 21:35

    re:truck pics I have a ton of pics but they are to large to put on (so the computer said) I have a myspace page ill put up SORRY!!!! http://www.myspace.com/starrtrucking

  6. #6nedly052007-10-24 05:33

    Cool pics! Hows the truckin going? everyone says you cant make money with truck:beatsme I want a big truck, wanna sell me one? Do you drive?

  7. #7starrtruckin2007-10-24 18:43

    we do alright, were not getin rich but who is this days other then the oil companys

  8. #8starrtruckin2007-10-24 18:58
  9. #9starrtruckin2007-10-24 19:01
  10. #10nedly052007-10-25 05:18

    Was that one of your trucks that got wrecked, or did you pick it up wrecked?? Nice Pics, cute kid!

  11. #11starrtruckin2007-10-25 18:19

    we bought it wreaked & fixed it

  12. #129420pullpan2007-10-25 19:32

    Welcome to HEF Starrtruckin, i worked with ya up on the rt 222 project. i was working for Myers at the time. runnin a 963 loading ya.

  13. #13jimmyjack2007-10-27 03:00

    got any more pics of the LTL

  14. #14starrtruckin2007-10-27 13:26

    so were are u working now????? things seem to be slowing down espechaly this year, who about it!!! I'll have to check about the L9000 pics but we have 2 and 2 sterlings

  15. #15LowBoy2007-10-28 21:31

    mistake.

  16. #16LowBoy2007-10-28 21:36

    This kid ain't crying over just anything...He's disgusted with $3.25/gallon fuel prices, that's all. I looked JUST LIKE HIM up until last November until I sold my last truck! Soon as I got over the shock of the sale, my frown turned upside down.