Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Staying busy?

T_S_S ยท 2008-11-26 22:19

Just curious if any of you guys who specialize with just compact equipment are having a hard time staying busy in this economy? Or is the small equipment just so versatile your still really busy?

Replies8
  1. #1Yellowdog2008-11-26 23:17

    It's slow but so far I'm surviving and living on faith that things will improve. There are some desperate folks that will do anything for a buck so being underbid is a big concern right now. I am trying to educate people but when I see a rental machine doing a job that I should have been on, I know it boils down to price. Until the damage is done, joe public doesn't really understand the kind of mess that a novice or cheap fly by night can do. Bad economies bring the hacks out of the woodwork as much as a booming economy...when unemployment is high, suddenly everyone is an expert running running rentals.

  2. #2txbrushbuster2008-11-27 00:06

    If you see me posting messages on the computer, IT'S SLOW I should getting my beauty sleep

  3. #3Rodeocowpoke2008-12-17 15:16

    Slow enough It is cold here in Mn and I do have snow to move around but it is obviously slow otherwise...

  4. #4Dwan Hall2008-12-17 15:42

    Busier then I want to be, but not as busy as I need to be.

  5. #5Noose2008-12-17 21:20

    It's slow up here, it's snowing but big paving and landscaping companies have the big profitable jobs locked down. Even though it takes them a week to get around to everyone. they have good sales men who locked down contracts early in order to keep their employees working. It's a tough market and alot of smaller guys around here don't even waste time and energy trying!:beatsme

  6. #6capt_met2008-12-17 21:55

    after a good summer things have slowed to a screeching halt just in time for the holidays. i have a 2 week job in january and that is it on the horizon. ready for spring, hopefully things will be better.

  7. #7pushcat2008-12-17 22:16

    Busier than a 3-legged dog in a fire hydrant factory. Not just compact equipment, trucking and everything. Calling for a major ice and snow storm to hit tomorrow, so just maybe we could at least get a couple of days break. Hit it hard again Monday, then with Christmas and New Years falling in midweek, really throws a wrench in trying to get anything done. We'll work on the Friday's, but the quarry's and everyone else won't.

  8. #8GREGGV2009-01-06 22:24

    Doing more work than I am not working.......