Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Steel lift ram line repair? 753 G Bobcat

Daniel59 ยท 2012-03-12 10:15

Bobcat 753 ser number 515831001 I have a 753 G Bobcat, I have been searching for a leak and finally found it. It seems to be one of the steel lines that goes to the left side lift cylinder, and I see no junctions from the T at the valve block all the way to the left side lift cylinder. I guess I have to dissemble just to see where it ends at the left side lift ram. My question, Can this line be cut and flared; this looks like a heck of a job just getting to the line to remove and replace. :beatsme Or is there any other fix. Its feels like the line is split at the bottom where it connects to the T . Thanks in advance

Replies7
  1. #12stickbill2012-03-12 11:16

    You can try to braze it but if it's hard to take off I think I would get a new one.Never tried to flare a steel line.Might not work because of the high pressure.

  2. #2Daniel592012-03-12 11:45

    Yeah, thanks, I am dreading the R&R the worst. was hoping at least to be able to split line in halve and then flare or compression connect to new or welded line.

  3. #3Nige2012-03-12 11:46

    I wouldn't try to flare it, not with the pressure it's carrying. I'd also be a bit wary of brazing for the same reason. Sometimes biting the bullet and buying a replacement is the best and safest way out.

  4. #4Daniel592012-03-12 19:40

    Thanks guys for the quick response. I ended up removing the whole steel line, after removing obstacles for an hour or so, I just cut in in half to get it out, had my local guy build a new line and its done running and I got a few hours use in today. Thanks again

  5. #52frankh2012-03-14 22:28

    Sorry for the late reply i have a 773 and had the same problem. I replaced with a flexible line instead. Easier to put in. Had to cut the old one in two places.

  6. #6Daniel592012-03-14 22:41

    I find it odd that they would design it so the only one that isn't meeting at a T or junction block, or even a coupling, is the longest, most bends, and an ugly R&R. Flex line replacement seems to be the easiest. I did route it similar to the old routing, and a bunch of twist ties.

  7. #7crewchief8882012-03-18 20:43

    bobcat did have some strange ideas about tubeline placement. the fastest way to change some of thse tubelines to to pull the engine. easiest way is to replace it with a hose. :drinkup