Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

steering 82 td8e

leo1968 ยท 2015-03-13 22:29

I have a 82 td8e steered fine till i changed the main frame fluid now will not turn to right turns fine to left

Replies1
  1. #1Rhino19612015-03-15 21:47

    I have a 78 TD-8E also. Does the right side drive disengage when the steering lever is pulled or does it still drive? If it is disengaging and not braking you may have a problem with the steering brake caliper. They are bonded to a large caliper similar to a disc brake except much larger and have a tendency to come disbonded and fall off. There used to be an individual on e bay that sold rebuilt ones at a fair price. If needed I can get you the numbers from the parts manual to make them easier to locate. Some of the parts for these machines are starting to get hard to come by. Jim