Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Steering Cylinders

mikey1 ยท 2013-01-24 17:56

Hey Guys, I am trying to find some info about my steering cylinders, To start its a case 580B, 188 diesel, both of the cylinders leak down there by the tires. the only numbers i can find are on a band that goes around it and it as follows, 02450 2 650 .. Is there a factory numer that will help me find the right rebuild kit for resealing these? I cant find a stamped number on them, I have not taken them off either. any help would be appreciated Thank You Mike

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2013-01-24 18:23

    There are different cylinders fitted to B series. Does yours look like this, with the 3 hole plate at the gland? If it is you need A36396 kits. If it has circlips retaining the gland you will need A44644 kits.

  2. #2mikey12013-01-24 18:53

    Thank You for the reply Alrman, it does have the 3 standard type screws holding it on, what are circlips if I may ask?

  3. #3alrman2013-01-24 18:57

    If I called them snap rings, would it help?

  4. #4mikey12013-01-24 19:06

    Thank You yes Sir!