Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Still looking

psmith ยท 2010-09-25 22:33

I had thought I found a 931 track loader but seeing as how the guy will not return my calls I'm going to assume he's backing out of the deal. I really thought the guy was a stand up fellow, guess goes to show you have to be extra careful when dealing with people you cannot meet. So i'm looking for a track loader prefer 14k or less in weight, 4 n 1 would be nice, something peddle steer if possible. Not looking for anything high end, it will just be for my personal farm use. Something from the late 70s to 80 is usually in my budget. I've mainly been looking at 450's JD, 450 or 455 cases or equivalent cat . I'm watching machinery trader and equipment trader like a hawk on my own. If anyone knows of something shoot me a PM.

Replies11
  1. #1lowbed502010-09-26 13:45

    Cat 941b I have a 1975 CAT 941B, soft cab, 1 1/2 yd GP Bucket with teeth, 3000 hrs, power shift, I have pictures I can email to you. call Herb 732-809-8143

  2. #2psmith2010-09-27 08:59

    Thank you for the offer but that machine weighs near 25k pounds, it is much to large for me to move.

  3. #3bundysgn2010-09-27 19:13

    931 i have a 931 for sale it has 4246 hrs on it.

  4. #4ctkiteboarding2010-09-28 00:04

    http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/tls/1976186132.html

  5. #5IconTrader2010-10-01 13:37

    Caterpillar/Trackson HT4 I have a Cat D-4/Trackson HT4 with a custom protection cage,Built up driver sprockets (stainless welding rod/Cert. welder done),operator seat repadded/recovered,Data plate(s)x2 intact,12 volt conversion (Delco-Remy)Alternator*Toggle switch added next to key switch to activate alternator*,New 1000cca amp battery(Walmart)3yr.Warranty(3 days old),Has anti-freeze in it-A few control lever knobs missing-Track cleats/grousers 50%-Weight 18k Lbs.or so-1 large cylinder could use a repack on the rod end(Seeps fluid)-She runs/Works great=Plenty of power. Misplaced my Key(Will find or replace with a new switch/keyset). Engine Serial= 7u10297 Trackson Serial= 973 ~8k or best offer~ *Note-I am not a dealer.I raise Cattle for a living* "A little Cat Yellow paint;She would do you justice at a steam/tractor show" Let me know if anyone is interested---> [email protected] By the way: Nice forum & good people here

  6. #6dirtman552010-11-06 22:38

    Would a crawler loader with backhoe attachment interest you? It's a 125E Dresser 13/8 yd bucket for $10,000

  7. #7psmith2010-11-08 12:11

    I'm not looking very hard right now, but for what I need I think the backhoe attachment would be in the way more then it helped. Thanks though.

  8. #8dirtman552010-11-09 07:41

    That crawler-loader-backhoe is a great set-up if you need track traction. That was my first machine for years. Backhoe comes off in two minutes two pins two hoses.Excavators & six way blades made them obsolete.

  9. #9sick&tired2010-11-19 00:22

    I saw an ad on Reno- Tahoe craigslist a couple weeks back. Guy has a CAT 931 thats needs an inframe. If you can rebuild the engine, you could pick it for like 3 grand.

  10. #10psmith2010-11-19 09:32

    I called on that one a few weeks back and it had sold.

  11. #11sick&tired2010-11-19 21:38

    Have you tried any auctions? Ritchiebros or iron planet ? Here we have a bar none auction in sacramento and one in san bernardino, i saw a 931 sell for $4000 +tax and fees a few weeks back at the one down south. You could bid online if you are not close by. With the recession there are some good deals out there.