so I decided to take off the injection pump and injectors to a local pump shop. Said pump was screwed up, but they rebuilt it. Getting it on and lineing it up after first crank it started. waited ten seconds still no oil pressure. My dad took the gauge line off and pre lubed the motor so we could run it longer. I let it run for like twenty seconds but still no oil pressure. took the oil filter off and it was only like half full. with the oil filter off I cranked it to see what would happen. oil began to run out the oil filter inlet. so I pretty sure the pump is primed and pumping but doesnt explain why filter wasnt full. The only thing I can think of is the o ring for the oil pump when it bolts down on top of the main, I was very cautious putting it together but, I cant find any other symptoms. Thanks for any advice. 188 case.
That oil pump has a relief valve built in, piston and coil spring type, maybe it isn't seating.
What engine is this. and a serial number would help
Just a guess but there is the "188Case" at the end of the message so maybe that is the model???? Looked and found this earlier thread from the OP In it he mentions "I used lithium grease but it isnt the white stuff. It is actually very thick." I'm thinking maybe this "very thick" grease may be the cause of the lack of oil pressure. Oil system is designed to flow with maybe 40wt oil a "very thick" grease could be restricting the flow. Some passages in an engine are in the range of 1/8 inch so a little grease could be acting like a plug. I think I'd be thinking about removing the rocker arm shaft and the oil pressure sender/oil line fitting and and crank the engine over some with the injectors out to see if there is good supply of oil getting to where it should.
Good point, missed the 188 case. Agree see an issue if grease was used as prelube instead of oil
myself, i dont think grease or relief value,any pump will produce at least 80 psi.relief value just bypasses filter,should still have reading on gauge,something wrong with pump. remove sender should have a huge amount of oil coming out , if not there is something wrong with pump or suction tube going to pump, fill crank case full of oil all the way to cover oil pump.if still no pressure,oil pump problem,
You make a valid point, and the filter was half full. Hope he doesn't have the same issue my D3 did with the suction line coming loose