Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stocking pile nicely

napnap34 ยท 2014-04-17 10:08

I have very little experience on a dozer and needs to practice stocking pile nicely. After I am done an excavation for a road for example, I need to pile some dirt (mostly sand for now) so it gives a nice clean and smooth look when looking at the job. Something like a 45 degres uphill slope. Any tips or advice ? I am not sure what should be my reference point. For now, I star to pile fare away and work coser in. Thanks again

Replies2
  1. #1wilko2014-04-17 14:25

    Will you be using dump trucks to bring the dirt to the pile?

  2. #2napnap342014-04-17 23:20

    Hi, Not for now. I think I figure what my problem is. I use to raise the blade up slowly when going uphill. I tried today going uphill and lowering my blade following the slope instead of raising the blade . It actually worked better. Any other ideas how to do this any better ?