Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stone mill & trussel

td25c ยท 2009-04-02 21:59

Here are some pictures I took of a stone cutting mill and rail road trussel going in to it.It is in Kirksville IN.It is amazing the amount of weight that a wood trussel will hold up.The trussel is at least 55 feet above the creekbed.

Replies3
  1. #1bill53622009-04-02 22:01

    Hey 25c, I see you where at Victor Olitic, or where you at BTI. What are you doing up this way, you where about 3 miles from my shop.

  2. #2td25c2009-04-02 22:11

    I was working for smithville telephone company.We were setting up a new building at kirksville.

  3. #3willie592009-04-02 22:35

    That's a cool pic! There's still some of those old wood railroad trestle's being used on the main lines here in East Tennessee. I guess if it's still structurally sound, why knock it down and build a new one. That pic reminds me of the trestle that Shirley MacLaine had to climb in the Clint Eastwood western movie "Two Mules for Sister Sara". Nice pic.