Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stone Slinger – remote control box

farmboy555 ยท 2009-03-13 17:23

I found a remote control box on the side of the road today, looks to be in good shape. I guess it's for a stone slinger or concrete pump truck. It has 3 joy sticks, a red push & pull knob, a green button, 4 toggle switchs marked engine start & stop, engine speed advance, speed and a black knob on the right side with O & P. It's yellow in color. Anyone tell me what I have and the value of it?? thanks dennis

Replies10
  1. #1AtlasRob2009-03-13 18:04

    To the man who lost it its worth a mint, to you all its worth is the entertainment value if you have the time to cruise around and spot a concrete pump and see if you can ruin his day Seriously, dont know :beatsme. Its probably a case of how much effort you want to put in to being a detective, working out the most likely looser and spending some time on the phone to locate the owner. One looser will be so thankful and offer you the world another will probably accuse you of pinching it for ransom, hows your rateing of human nature

  2. #2farmboy5552009-03-13 19:09

    I made some call's in the local area where I found it, but no one claimed it. I'll return it for free, no problem. Looks like it would have some kind of ID on it.:beatsme

  3. #3AtlasRob2009-03-14 11:29

    You've done a lot more than many would have, due credit :drinkup Stick it on Ebay, you can bet your butt the person who lost it will be onto it like a shot What on earth is a stone slinger? :beatsme

  4. #4Steve Frazier2009-03-14 11:46

    If there's an ID tag on it, the StoneSlinger company might have it registered and be able to tell you whose it is.

  5. #5farmboy5552009-03-14 15:35

    I'm still looking for the owner. A stone slinger/shooter. They are rock trucks that instead of dumping they are built a little on the line of a lime truck and it has a high speed conveyor chute out the back that you can move left to right, up and down. a good operator can put 4" of stone on a building pad with your plumbing stubed up and you would never know the truck was on site.

  6. #6AtlasRob2009-03-14 16:54

    Well thats a new one on me :notworthy I assumed it was a nickname for something but I never imagined that. Thanks thats very intresting and not something I am aware of in the UK. Having said that I wouldn't trust most of the truck drivers ( tipper drivers ) to be able to handle one of those.

  7. #7farmboy5552009-03-15 19:52

    you can go to UTube and put in stone shooter and see one working

  8. #8Iron Horse2009-03-15 23:52

    How about posting a picture of it on this thread ? The owner may find it or someone who knows he lost it may . The worlds a small place now with the WWW .

  9. #9Dstebbins832024-05-18 19:31

    Id be willing to purchase

  10. #10crane operator2024-05-19 08:05

    If you look at the dates in the upper left corner, those posts are all from 2009. IF it was at my shop, I'd still have it, but I'm a hoarder. It is possible to send @farmboy555 a Private Message and see if he still has it. He hasn't been on this site since last December.