Well this has been an interesting job every day I have been on site, I am not working for this company, just interested in the job and taking pics. Here they are: 1: Part of the old Storm Sewer 2: PC78 3:262B w/ attachments I know this is everyday run of the mill stuff, it will get better though.
these pics were from the first day I was on site watching
finally, some real iron comes in, not huge but more fun to watch than a PC78 & 262.
this is it for now, if anyone is interested I can post more.
great pics well done for sure!
nice pics D5G i like the pics of the backhoe dumping gravel, looks like a neat job! :notworthy
thanks guys, here are some more...
this 321 only has 400 hours, its very nice. The job is moving along well, I'll have more pics soon.
Nice looking 321...:drinkup looks like the D model's have a little much "junk in the trunk" than the C's did. Course could just be the different paint scheme makes the counterweight look bigger.:beatsme
both of those machines look brand new!
Great pic's D5! Lots of real nice equipment on that job. What were they using for compaction? A lot of the guys around here use a Felco Roller Bucket. Some of them use trench rollers like a Wacker RT80.
Jim, I asked the Cat salesman about that when he was on site, he said its exactly the same size. bigblueox, your correct...the 420E only has about 600 hrs I AM IRONMAN, they brought in a wonder wheel today to do the compacting, but just watching it you can't tell ut compacts anything. I think the operator would have preferred a vibratory compactor...but ya take what ya can get I guess... more pics soon, have to sort through all the ones I have taken.
That 420 looks sharp! We run 430's and love them.
Looks like the 420 and 321 are Cat Rental Store machines (due to the stickers). The local Cat dealer has some nice equipment in their rental fleet. Probably couldn't sell it so they rolled it into the rental program.:beatsme D5G, it looks like they are laying domestic water main, not storm sewer. Or are they doing both?
D5g, as I suspected it was just an optical illusion... Wouldn't mind taking it for a swing though. Haha. I assume a wonderwheel is just basically a sheepsfoot. It's harder to see the compaction from a sheepsfoot than a vib. plate thats' for sure. They have their niche's however. Keep the photos coming!
CM, yep doin water main jogs to get them out of the way of the 8" handcord they have to lay on that side of the road. Runnin 8" on the left side and 12" on the right, with about 3 doghouses and like 8 or 10 storm drain boxes. You are also right about them being rentals, they are... theres a story about the 321 but out of respect for our local cat dealer and not hearing both sides of the story I won't post it yet, maybe never...we'll see if I can get both sides of the story. After the pipe work is done they're tearin out the 1300' of road that is being worked on and repaving with concrete, because concrete is cheaper than asphalt. Jim, yep optical illusion, they like it except for the seat, op says its rock hard, he suspects from the guy before him:tong Your right about the wonder wheel as well, it appears they get about 1 3/4" of compaction, lifts are not required on this job, they just want the top packed. Everyone is joking about it because the concrete contractor is comming in and ripping it all back out to do soil stabilization. The operator doesn't mind wonder wheeling at all because its much easier than digging, but it sure does take some time :Banghead:Banghead More pics soon!
WOW! Its been so long since I first posted this! They are now in the process of paving the road with concrete, heres a few pics...many more comming.:usa
1-3 loading out trucks 4-5 backfilling
1-2 pipe comes out, pipe goes away 3 this truck was only an HOUR late...:Banghead:bash 4 dirt truck back (if he took any longer the job would be going in reverse) 5 you can see how shallow the old pipe was
1 dirt truck, in the wrong place (as usual) 2 patched into the old storm vault 3 trying to find a water line (it was 6 feet off the mark they gave us) 4 found it! 5 ohio cat with another bucket... thats it for tonite, more tomorrow...
A dirt truck in the wrong place? Unheard of!