Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

(Straight) 450 Case Undercarriage Interchange

bjbjl6 · 2022-10-17 17:48

Getting the “easy” kinks worked out of my new haha 60’s case 450. Serial 3027190. Undercarriage repairs will be on short list once I make sure she is solid. Newer straight 450, 450b and 450c chain seems to be more plentiful. What interchanges if anything? If I were to come across a newer 450 with ok interchange could everything be swapped over? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2022-10-17 19:45

    The chains have numbers cast on the links and from there you can determine what you need. The original chains will be Berco.

  2. #2bjbjl62022-10-17 21:29

    Thanks. I looked for the numbers on the chains. Appears to be CA282 but I need to do some cleaning to make sure that’s correct. It also says Berco Sealed. My understanding is newer 450s had a different pitch, bolt pattern etc. however if I were to buy a newer salvage machine, what all would need swapped to run the newer style chain? Sprockets only? Idlers, bottom rollers, top roller etc.

  3. #3Tones2022-10-17 22:11

    My guess is that you'll have to talk to a track shop in order to find compatible parts. Everywhere I go on the net the information is for dealers only so nothing has changed in quite a few years when I was looking for near obsolete track gear. Then a trackshop I dealt with had a **** load of information and could cross-reference with other manufacturers.