Greetings HEF! I thought I would post up a thread about all the odd equipment that is around, because I thought it would be interesting So I'll start off I wonder if the owner is on this forum What would be the benefit of that setup over normal pulled scrapers?
There's nothing odd about a 54 cy pan other than the fact that you don't see them every day. It's just BIG. The benefit is however many more cubic yards it holds more than the scraper or pan that you are comparing it to.
So is it normal for a scraper to be pulled by a 740? I have only ever seen one pull pan scraper down here and it was attached to a D9. I have only ever heard of scrapers being attached to dozers, tractors or being made as a scraper (like a Cat 637 for example).
I see this every now and then, albeit much smaller scale. Just a good way to multitask your equipment. Here is a site for few more pics and info: http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US...rs/pull-type_scrapers/pull_type_scrapers.page Best, JCS
Ok, thanks dblaneyfan! I wish we saw more of those...
Niche machine only. Not many projects these days that need a 54yd. scraper. MRS and LeTourneau made some big ones too years ago, now all gone.
I have seen a lot of 657 in mines out here but not anything out in construction above a 623. LeTourneau scrapers were awesome:notworthy
The old Cat 666's and 660's were 54cy heaped and 44cy struck. Just a comparison.
Yair . . . I think the only "odd" thing is the scraper is being pulled by an ADT . . . I believe Volvo pioneered the concept. Do the trucks hold together on this application? Cheers.
http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=122033