See those green tanks on the back in front of the engine hood and behind the mix drum? What are they there for and what's their purpose? I'm designing this Oshkosh S series front discharge concrete truck for MMD, but I need to know the function of the green tanks strapped to this truck's back.
Looks like 'green' fuel tanks to me
To be honest I don't have a clue what MMD is but: It took all of couple minutes with Google to find the answer! Check out this link: https://www.ngvglobal.com/blog/ozinga-concrete-and-cng-a-ready-mix-0704 Those are the CNG fuel tanks, "Compressed Natural Gas". Almost beat you to it Ronsii!
No no no, fuel tanks are always on the sides of the truck. Here are some more pics of this specific truck.
Yep, I've seen quite a few ex county(plenty of money) trucks with that kind of tanks but usually in an enclosure or something.
MikuMikuDance
Here ya' go https://www.mcneiluscompanies.com/m...wered-oshkosh-s-series-front-discharge-mixer/
Interesting, I've never heard of a concrete truck running on CNG, but this configuration looks more futuristic than a conventional diesel tank.
It usually only makes sense to municipalities with plenty of money to throw around
The big question is how far can it go, and how long to refuel it? Got a friend in Portland that has to run CNG in a fleet of garbage trucks and they have a night crew and two compressors to refuel 8 trucks. One compressor goes down and it's a giant emergency for them.
So you are going to be designing Dancing Cement Trucks???
m make that taxpayer money
https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/e...ana-farm-uses-manure-to-fuel-its-dairy-trucks Cow farts powering trucks .
Maybe they got a grant
*Facepalm* Uhhhhh.... In case if you're unaware, MMD is used for more than just dancing . It can be used for animations of your desired liking. Here's an example: I'm making these as prop/background vehicles.
I think its so funny, you have no idea what the tanks are, but as soon as someone tells you what they are, you're sure they are wrong.
I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this forum is unaware of MMD.
Yep, I sure know a lot more about Mixers than Miku
Lack of range for a concrete truck is less of a drawback than sitting dead on the side of the road with an emmisions hickup.
And as you can see, inspired by that MMD re-enactment of that Tom and Jerry episode, this has inspired me to come up with characters and vehicles of my own liking to re-enact some scenes from Volcano 1997.
And mining companies....... All large Cat mining trucks can now be operated on CNG. Info regarding retrofits is just coming on to SIS. This article is about 18 months old now.......... https://www.cat.com/en_ZA/news/mach...-fuel-retrofit-kit-for-785c-mining-truck.html
An emissions derate with 10 yards in the drum on the roadside is a disaster. Usually it means sugaring the load and dumping it at the plant when you finally get it back there. Oh for the days of 3306 Cats and HT-740 Allisons.
Interesting...
20 to 40 percent fuel savings sound like one good incentive as long as other costs don't eat up those savings. I'm just guessing that the CNG is a bit cleaner running than diesel so might allow for extending oil change intervals?
Our city has/had a fleet of CNG powered roll-off trucks and some garbage trucks. The previous solid waste management was really proud of them. Seems like they forgot to tell certain people in the city admin., as well as us citizens, that they had to get a special fueling truck up here from a larger city 30 miles down the road to fuel the things. Of course, that was supposed to be just until they built a one million dollar+ fueling station for CNG out at the landfill. Our new city manager put a stop to that foolishness really quickly. The CNG fleet is to be phased out and all new trucks are good old diesels.