Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Strength of threadlocker on cylinder piston nut?

Tatersmt · 2017-11-26 19:28

Hi, have been lurking for a while and just joined up as there is great help and info on here. So I’m in process of repacking a boom cylinder on my case 580C hoe. Was just wondering was strength of threadlocker to use on the piston nut when reassembling. Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1mikebramel2017-11-26 19:45

    Blue, red if you run a hammer

  2. #2Tatersmt2017-11-26 20:25

    Thanks!

  3. #3xgiovannix122017-11-26 21:29

    Red lock tite

  4. #4Billrog2017-11-26 21:33

    I used red the book recommended black for the boom cylinder & you'll need a long handled helper to meet the proper torch which I unfortunately forget (1,200 # or ? ).

  5. #5Tatersmt2017-11-26 21:53

    So how long of a cheater do I need to get it to torque?

  6. #6ScottAR2017-11-26 22:05

    Good question. Mine go to is 6ft.

  7. #7Tatersmt2017-11-26 22:06

    I think that would do it.

  8. #8Tractorguy2017-11-26 22:18

    Just in case pull the rod out and pin the eye back where it goes and you shouldn’t have any issue with it walking away/moving on you

  9. #9ScottAR2017-11-26 22:19

    I should add I don't use that nearly as much since I got the mr34 EZ Red ratchet. The handle length is nearly 40" and that's enough for most things.

  10. #10Tatersmt2017-11-26 22:21

    Ya that's how I got the bolt out now, had to use a 4 ft cheater to get it loose.

  11. #11jimg9842017-11-27 01:20

    10ft cheater x 200 LB===2,000 ft Lbs can break down in incertments,, exp, 6ft cheater x 200 LB=1200 Lbs

  12. #12Bls repair2017-11-28 12:09

    Toque multiplier