Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

stretch lowboy picture thread

dzlnut ยท 2011-10-22 15:39

Post your pics of your extendable lowboys loaded

Replies16
  1. #1JBlackwell2011-10-24 12:49

    Here is our XL 50ton hydraulic detach extendable. We were stretched open to about 38' in the hole. It is capable of going to 50' 4". The load was around 85,000# if I recall correctly. We needed 8 axles to make weight distribution correctly, but all we has was a tandem truck and 2 axle "jo dog", but it worked perfect. Justin

  2. #2JBlackwell2011-10-24 12:58

    Here is a our 55ton low pro stepstretch with a 33" deck height and it is 2+3+2 capable. This was an 88,000# load I think and we needed to run as a spread 8 (3+1 trailer w/ 4 axle truck) to make weight. Almost could get away with a quad, but a couple states wouldn't give us the weight we needed on a quad. Justin

  3. #3JITOversized2011-10-25 10:13

    Here are a few of our stretch trailers in the city

  4. #4JITOversized2011-10-25 10:21
  5. #5Chaz Murray2011-10-28 13:14

    Here is one we hauled about a month ago in Rio Vista, CA. 21'6" deck with a 15' deck extension but obviously was not even close to enough deck for this load but it was only moving about a 1/2 mile. Weight of the load was about 43,000lbs and loaded height was about 27ft and 24ft wide

  6. #6carlsharp2011-10-28 13:32

    Does this count?

  7. #7dzlnut2011-10-29 03:48

    Ill let you slide this time lol sweet looking ride

  8. #8Newman2011-11-08 19:34

    Do you have any close ups of the extension?

  9. #9tonka2011-11-08 19:44

    Check www.murraytrailer.com for some close up shots....

  10. #10Chaz Murray2011-11-10 12:01

    here are a couple photos of just the extension by itself.

  11. #11heavylift2011-11-10 18:02

    I was looking at the Murray site... moving a tree... I had to giggle a bit... I bet it was a challenge just to get it on the trailers. Is there a video of this endeavor...

  12. #12Chaz Murray2011-11-10 18:08

    There was a news crew out there that morning as far as I know but I did not find out about this load until after it already happened otherwise I would have been there myself with a camera.

  13. #13heavylift2011-11-10 18:32

    surely you could get the footage from the news station.

  14. #14Chaz Murray2011-11-11 11:12

    Never did try and it has been quite a few years since it happened....it was around 2008-2009 when that haul was made.

  15. #15tonka2011-11-11 17:25
  16. #16maryputney2016-12-22 01:32

    Nice Images..