While replacing a hose, I managed to crossthread and strip out the fitting from a valve box that supplies a swing cylinder. I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement. The fitting looks like this: It is 3/4" on both ends. The difficult part is that it is a restrictor. I'm eyeballing the hole to be about 1/8". I've found a part from Pressure Connection that matches the sizes, but the restrictors available are too small, and then there is the "blank" one. Is that what I'm needing? I'm guessing that I take it to a machine shop and have the orifice drilled to math the old one. Anyone know if the actual part is available off the shelf?
Not knowing anything this particular machine I can only assume that the fitting is restricted to help control the speed the boom swings. I doubt that a slight difference in size of the orifice would be noticeable. Saying that I would buy either the blank one or one with the smaller orifice and then find the drill bit that is the closest to the original size and drill it out. A lathe would be my first choice as I have one down stairs, next a drill press, also have one of those, if out in the sticks just center punch the sucker and take a little care and go for it with the cordless drill! Clean off burrs and put the thing in and forget it, be good as new! And if you had a plane fitting with a huge center hole tap it out for a socket head type pipe plug. Screw pug in good and tight and bore the orifice in that. We're talking a Ford backhoe not a Mars Rover here! As my first boss in the shop would say when discussing a repair "What would you do if out in the Sahara Desert and Rommel's tanks were heading your way?" In your case my response would be screw the fitting in and get the heck out of the way! Worry about fine tuning the operation some rainy day.
The part number for the fitting is 293528 New Holland no longer supplies them but Vintage Parts show 2 there # 877-846-8243
As kshansen has said, we have drilled out an orifice fitting to the diameter desired. In fact I recall the guys at Parker even recommending that.