Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Strongest, Fastest, Lightest Linear Actuators

DJ6ta ยท 2020-04-22 23:21

New to the forum and sorry if this has been asked before but, is there any guidance on where I can find the strongest load, fastest, lightest linear actuators?

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-04-23 08:06

    Welcome to HEF, DJ6ta ! Without a detailed description of the application no one can answer your question. I thought about putting one on a fertilizer spreader once. I decided it was to expensive and decided not to do it.

  2. #2DJ6ta2020-04-23 23:18

    Ok. Fair enough. I'm building power armor. I want to build the armor with the linear actuators that can move some what as fast as human limbs.

  3. #3Ronsii2020-04-24 00:10

    And what are your power limits? ie... how much power draw is available... surge and sustainable? as speed comes with massive draws...

  4. #4DJ6ta2020-04-26 12:59

    I've been considering a bank of 6 to 8, batteries wired in parallel. I have found some 16v/16000mAh Lipo batteries that should be enough power to give me my desired results. Albeit, not long lived operation, but there should be enough power and capacity to do what I want.

  5. #5Andy1845c2020-04-26 22:25

    What is power armor? An electric linear actuator is typically motor driven with a gear reduction. The more powerful the slower its going to move and none are what I would describe as human limb speed. This probably isn't the best forum to ask on. I would look for something more related to robotics honestly, but if you want to give more details maybe someone here can help. Can you use pneumatics?