Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stuck 455c

ironbutt ยท 2013-02-03 08:42

Looking help for getting my 455C unstuck. Its sitting at a 45 degree angle the right track is below ground. The left track is on solid ground. Its sitting between two stumps that I have cut off low in a 4 acre site that is cutover. The right track will turn but digs itself deeper as it is in really wet sand. I have thought about chaining a log to the track and letting the track pull the log underneath , but the sand is soupy and wonder how much it would help? Need useful idea's that work?

Replies5
  1. #1ironbutt2013-02-03 13:55

    I have tried to upload pictures but this site keeps saying upload failed? I don't understand.

  2. #2sealark372013-02-03 14:52

    Secure a log chain or cable with hook to a stump or large vehicle. You may have to hook to a log and bury it in the ground some distance from the tractor. Hook the other end to the right track pad, (inside or outside edge, so it won't pull off). Take up the slack in the chain, then drive forward very slowly. The right track should try to pull the chain hook under itself, and pull the tractor out of the hole. Or, find an electric line truck with a winch on the front. That is the easy way. Regards, Clark

  3. #3CM19952013-02-03 17:16

    Take a look at this thread -

  4. #4DMiller2013-02-04 21:32

    Friend of mine stuck his 555B in a old pond bottom, tracks just slipping and digging holes, he went and got his rubber tired farm tractor, all it needed was a little assist and it came right out, did take two people running two machines.

  5. #5ironbutt2013-02-06 08:31

    I got it out monday morning after reading a thread about a stuck dozer on this site. Next time I shall use my chains on the tracks and the logs as that is a neat trick. Thanks everyone.