Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stuck 955

rditz ยท 2011-06-01 15:26

I thought some of you would enjoy these pictures... we have had so much rain that the ground was mush. Hopefully it will dry up and I can actually get some work done.. http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/rditz/IMG00028.jpg http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/rditz/IMG00027.jpg http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/rditz/IMG00025.jpg rod

Replies11
  1. #1markshr1512011-06-01 16:59

    Chain a log to the tracks and drive out.

  2. #2qball2011-06-01 18:06

    you, sir, are correct. that is indeed a very stuck loader.

  3. #3Tiny2011-06-01 18:25

    That looks like me , One more try umm no ...if I use the buck ,Rats that didn't .....Boards under the track....Man that didn't help either. Before long your outta site and in need of BIG help LOL

  4. #4rditz2011-06-02 09:19

    and that is exactly what i did... i dug out around the tracks first so that it wasn't like a stuck rubber boot. it is sitting on high ground waiting for the surrounding area to dry enough that I can get it all the way out of that area

  5. #5rditz2011-06-06 14:47

    well, waiting until friday afternoon and started to back out of where i was was and made the mistake of trying to turn a bit in the deep mud and BLAM! poppwer the track off. well, it took some doing but got it on except for the bottom rollers.. moved back and forth hoping it would work it's way back on and then BLAM! popped it off again. i'm getting good at putting it on now, by myself... this time i worked at it until I had it on the rollers and then backed straight out on to solid ground, before trying to maneuver it... used it for a few hours yesterday with no issues... I don't know the last time the adjusters were used to snug them up.... anyone have any tricks to free up the old srew-type track adjusters?? thanks rod

  6. #6monkey2011-06-06 15:59

    I love being in good company that was stuck for sure, EH

  7. #7AllDodge2011-06-06 19:26

    Would like to know how you got it back on after it popping off. Also wouldn't mind knowing how to chain a log to the track?

  8. #8rditz2011-06-07 16:03

    well, there are a couple of tricks.. I use 2 12 ton bottle jacks to collapse the spring and pull the front idler backwards. thing of it like a bicycle chain... then i use 2-3 come-alongs (2 ton) and pull forward and over and then pry it with a pipe or crow-bar. make sure you get it under the bottom rollers are it will pop off in short order. as the track goes arond the front arch of the front idler, put the chain in between the pads, and then around the log. as you drive forward, the pads close on to the chain and locks it in for the ride to the back.. you will need a spotter to make sure the log doesn't come back and break on the draw bar. it works really good... rod

  9. #9AllDodge2011-06-07 20:35

    Thanks Rod, will keep this in my tool chest, hope I never need it but just in case. Bob

  10. #10rditz2011-06-13 15:57

    the tracks looked very slack, so I decided that I would try to adjust them yesterday. Well, much to my surprise I was able to get the adjusters to move with just a little heat and a pipe on the end of a pipe-wrench.. here is post adjustment.. http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/rditz/SAM_0336.jpg http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/rditz/SAM_0337.jpg rod

  11. #11Scout_19692011-10-26 15:13

    That's interesting. I assume you chain it like a grouser bar made of a piece of firewood?