Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stuck in 4 wheel drive

Reylocs ยท 2012-11-29 06:08

I have a JD 410C Turbo,4x4, Ext. The machine will not go out of 4wheel drive. When I push the leaver forward (to engage4x4) the light comes on indicating the machine is in 4 wheel drive. When I move the lever back (to disengage) the light goes out but the machine is still in 4 wheel drive. Is this really bad run on the road in 4 wheel drive? I did look at the linkage. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this. Thanks Reylocs

Replies8
  1. #1bill onthehill2012-11-29 11:12

    You will tear up U-joints and tires roading it in 4X4. Have you tried forward and reverse to release any load on the trans? Some times that helps. If it is just a short move drop the drive shaft or get a transport to move it.

  2. #2Bumpsteer2012-11-29 13:05

    I've seen trashed ring/pinion gears from roading "C" series Deeres in 4x4, DON'T do it. Ed

  3. #3Reylocs2012-11-29 17:30

    Pulled front driveshaft.

  4. #4Reylocs2012-12-05 17:54

    The 410C has a foot leaver that operates a hydraulic valve that engages and disengages the transfer case. There is a clutch in the transfer case that when pressure is applied it disengages (or engages) the four wheel drive, I am not sure how it opperates yet(havent taken the transfer case apart yet). There is what looks like an oil pressure sending unit (like an engine would have for oil pressure) When I move the foot lever,the pressure sending unit causes the light on the dash to light up. So it would seem that the foot lever is causing there to be pressure one way and no pressure the other way. Does anyone know about the JD 410C and this issue? Thanks

  5. #5Reylocs2012-12-06 06:48

    The 410C has a foot leaver that operates a hydraulic valve that engages and disengages the transfer case. There is a clutch in the transfer case that when pressure is applied it disengages (or engages) the four wheel drive, I am not sure how it opperates yet(havent taken the transfer case apart yet). There is what looks like an oil pressure sending unit (like an engine would have for oil pressure) When I move the foot lever,the pressure sending unit causes the light on the dash to light up. So it would seem that the foot lever is causing there to be pressure one way and no pressure the other way. Does anyone know about the JD 410C and this issue? Thanks

  6. #6roddy2021-02-07 19:46

    Anyone got schematics for this system including pedal and linkage? Cant seem to find that on the deere site.

  7. #7JL Sargent2021-02-08 08:44

    I can tell you that on the E version of the backhoe the 4wd is spring applied and is the default position. It takes hydraulic pressure to go to 2wd.

  8. #8mg23612021-02-08 12:25

    Spring applied. Needs pressure to disengage. Not disengaging means either pressure is not getting there, you have excessive clutch leakage or a mechanical failure of some sort. You will need to check MFWD pressure. 0 psi engaged, 150 psi disengaged (engine at 1000 rpm).