I have a 1980 Case 1450 that I have pulled 5 out of six injectors out but can,t get the sixth one to move. The other five would not come out with the slide hammer and I made various pullers with push bolts to extract them but the last one will only come up about a quarter of an inch. I would be forever grateful for any suggestions. I am 67 years old and have worked on D-11 Cats and on the Big Muskie dragline and never have been whipped like this. Thank you :Banghead
That has a 12valve cummins in it right or bigger l??
You will need to soak it good, either water made rust from the top down or the carbon seal allowed crud to come up. Even with my otc puller with the right adapter will not pull some of those pencil injectors. You will more than likely destroy the tools end, even if you snap a pair of vice grips on it to firm it up. Two lady foot bars may bite and force it some more with some spacers under them. I have pulled several thousand over the years and some you even have to remove the cylinder head and drive them out when all else fails to get them. That would be a pain on that 504 engine no matter which of the three heads it's in. They make some heavy duty carb cleaner in the spray can that may work to loosen the rust and crud. You said 1450 and they only have the pencil injectors, unless the heads were replaced, the B had the large injector with the 7/8 retainer nut on the later engine s/n. You will destroy the core either from the top or bottom more than likely, so don't take it badly,
+1 on soaking. I may even try coke in it, as that will eat rust, and carbon. Don't twist or force too bad. Have split and injector in two from over doing it in the past. That was a real trauma! Good luck
Thanks for the advise. I ended up soaking for four days and then used two fingers off of a puller, ground semi-circles to wedge in under the injector and clamped it extremely tight Then I enlisted the help of an employee that is 6' 6" tall and weighs 275 lbs. He straddled the engine and started using the slide hammer from my bearing puller; by this time I told him that it will come, bleed or blister and hoped that the head did not need to be taken off. It took 35 or 40 blows and thank God it came out ! What a trip this has been !
When all else fails call Bubba! Glad you got it out. Had similar problem with an old JD grader last year lots of soaking and tapping, but I won in the end! Could have used Bubba as I'm a bit small than him!