So I’m brand new to skid steer ownership & looking to buy my first implement. Thinking that a stump bucket grappler would be great for a couple of things I want to be able to do...primarily need to dig holes about 3-4ft deep (7ft long & 5ft wide), but also thinking this would help with clearing some brush here in central Texas...cedar trees and undergrowth. However, I can’t find much information on which one would be a good choice...and Lots of them seem to come from way up north! Jenkins in Minnesota, Wicked stump bucket from EA. There is an extreme duty stump grappler here https://idigtexas.com/product/extreme-duty-stump-grapple/ but I just wonder if anyone has these & would recommend them??
I don't have one, but I have been pretty close to buying one several times. I have managed to get by with using my forks to pry stuff up and switching over to my regular grapple bucket to pick items up that I can't balance with the forks. I lived in Texas Hill Country for a number of years and I think one would have worked very well to dig out all the limestone, cactus, and ceders that you all have. The only advice I could give you would be to get the heaviest one you can. I looked at the link you provided and I think you would tear up that economy one in the first 5 minutes. Their extreme duty one looks pretty good. There is a big sales lot here in Tulsa, OK that sells a very similar one for I think just under $1000.
Great! Thanks for the info! Would you happen to know the name of that sales lot so I could check it out?
go to titan.com I bought the commercial one for $1200
Enlow Tractor Auction (enlow66.com). Their prices must be pretty good because there are a lot of dealers that come from all over to buy items to resale. They have a monthly auction, but you can also buy off the lot any day they are open.