Was lookin to possibly purchase a skid steer loader in the near future. I don't need anything fancy or too big. I ran alot of skid steers in the early 90's and am familiar with Bobcats and Case models. Havent been around them much in o.ver ten years so wondering what a good all purpose machine would be for small landscaping jobs and residential snow removal. Haven't been around the tracked models and were wondering if they were any good on the snow. Was hopin not to spend over 15000. Any help would be appreciated.
"IF" you can find a used Case 1845C, you won't be disappointed. The 4-390 engine in that model is very, very long life compared to some of the competitors.
What years are the best one to look for. From looking online it doesnt really make alot of different in the price if there is a ten year difference in age. 1 Would 4000 hours be too much on the engine if it looked like a clean one owner instead of one that has had 100 different operators.
The first year break would be at 1994. The older models had the split lap bar don't want that. Basically as long as they are grey and not brown your good (not to say those models are not good, they are but some key improvements were made later). The late 90's models and early 2000-02 would be ideal. The resale on these models is very good on the well taken care of models. While they are not perfect (pin brake system not the best, loud) they are still in high demand and for good reason. They just run.
re Yeah I was kind of leaning towards the 1845 I believe the construction company I worked for just out of high school had one. It never seemed to break down. It should have enough hydraulic power to run a snowblower if I decide to get one down the road.
I totally agree with the 1845 Case. However, i would also take a look at a Bobcat 763 or s175-185 models. I say this because i think the attachments for pretty much every machine wont fit on the attach plate. Dont quote me... but i think the better years for 763 models are 1997 and newer. Great machines with the Kubota engine. Excellent resale value, parts are reasonable... Good luck!!!
given your budget you can get a much newer machine! A good friend of mine just sold a 2003 XT 95 with under 1200 hours on it. Very clean two owner machine, original paint , no leaks or stories for 16,500 with forks and a 78" tooth bucket(open cab) . Case is a great unit but there are a few models that had pump problems , I am sure some one can clue us in to when this was a problem.
there is a co. on ebay I wish I bought mine from , weacoequipment in PA . They have a real nice Cat right now . I am in VA and bought a 1999 JD 250 from a Turkeyfoot in PA on Ebay under Luckyphillips which came with 2 flat tires and a empty fuel tank plus several fittings that would not take greese. Only reason I got a Deere is because thats the only equipment Co. around here . For 15,000 you can buy a great machine
1845c buy the newest one you can afford. They are rock solid and can operate to the 10,000 hour mark. I prefer the 1845c over the XT's cheaper and easier to maintain. Some people much prefer the hand controls but I came up on hand and foot controls and have stuck with that although not an option on Case 1845c. For personal use 4000 hours would be fine on a good clean machine. For a money maker I prefer 1000 to 1500 hours when I buy. I have no experience with snow blowers. Good Luck!
We just picked up a New Holland L553 loader. Any comments on this machine? Thanks. New member here.