Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to check the hydraulic oil level?

SnoSheriff ยท 2010-08-06 22:15

I have a stupid question about measuring the hydraulic oil level. My Mustang 2054 owners manual states to push the hydraulic oil dip stick until it stops. I notice that I can push this dip stick into the filler tube deeper than I can reach to retrieve it with my fingers. What am I missing here? Any thoughts on how this should be done? I have attached pics of the filler tube and dip stick...

Replies3
  1. #1SnoSheriff2010-08-15 17:47

    I was trying to grab the end of the dipstick with 2 fingers :Banghead. I simply pushed in the dipstick and got it out with my forefinger in a scooping upward motion

  2. #2Indians12011-12-21 09:06

    I wish I could help. I just bought a 1992 940 and have no idea how to check the hyd. fluid. I remove the cap and see no dipstick at all, and can't see a sight guage anywhere either. Does anyone know if there's supossed to be a hydraulic dipstick on a 940?

  3. #3campo962014-09-26 06:46

    hey i have a 940 and i looked and looked for a dipstick or sightglass for hours and then found in the part manual that there is ment to be a dipstick inside the hydraulic header tank if anyone would no that distance from the high to low and to the end of the dipstick and were it measure from i would be able to make one thanks in advance