Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Suggestions on equal tire backhoe/ smaller loaders w/ rear 3pt

Onthe45th · 2024-10-16 07:35

Looking for an older equal tire backhoe tractor, but would want to remove the backhoe attachment and have ability to attach a rear blade for grading.want a rear 3pt/if possible. I've seen old JCB's that have equal tires, but appear to be an either/or- grade master or hoe. Not sure if such a beast exists or if I'm stuck with a utility tractor is my only option. Just want something a little more rugged and geared towards loader work. Tia

Replies9
  1. #1NH575E2024-10-16 09:22

    Not usually of the equal size tire variety but you might find a Skip Loader easier to find and best suited for your application. Skip Loaders for Sale

  2. #2JL Sargent2024-10-16 13:46

    Not equal tire, but like NH mentioned maybe something like a John Deere 210 or 110 backhoe w 3pt capability would do. Pictured is a 210

  3. #3Onthe45th2024-10-17 10:42

    Thank you very much. I'm realizing that finding a used with a full cab (cold climate) is harder than I thought. Apparently some manufacturers make easily detachable backhoe attachments to switch to a rear blade. Unfortunately, I have no idea when they started doing that, or what models, so that might price me out of that feature.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2024-10-17 21:29

    What you’re looking for, is one of the most sought after machines there are. By an older tractor and a commercial size backhoe or mini ex.

  5. #5MG842024-10-17 21:51

    Finding anything with a cab that can utilize a frame mounted backhoe and 3pt hitch is going to be the tough part. Off the top of my head the only dedicated TLB's, large or small, that can also be swapped over to 3pt hitch are the John Deere 110, the various Kubota TLB models (B26, L39, L48, M62, etc) and the older Case backhoes up to at least the E series. With the Case machines you need not only the backhoe but also the 3pt hitch attachment (which are hard to find.) They can be swapped in much the same manner as the small JD/Kubota models, but it does require some large wrenches, jacks, and you are probably talking an hour to switch vs 10min on the small tractors.

  6. #6NH575E2024-10-18 09:39

    The 110 John Deere was high on my want list early on. Every one I found was priced above my means. Turns out it isn't a heavy duty machine. It's basically on the same frame as my 4310. Some of them were reported developing cracks in the bell housing. It only weighs 7600 lbs with the backhoe and cab I think. I'm glad I ended up with two different machines rather than having to remove the backhoe every time I wanted to use the tractor.

  7. #7Toolslinger2024-10-18 11:12

    I can second this... While it isn't the end of the world to put the backhoe on our Massey 202, it is still a thing, and then it has to be outside for however long the project takes. It doesn't fit in the barn together, and the tractor is open station. We would go to some pretty extreme lengths to find another way to do something when the hoe would have made it easy. I recently bought a JD310 with a full cab. Now, when I want to use a hoe, it's just climb in, start it and go. (well that's the theory once the hydraulic lines are replaced) The Massey will be sold in the spring, with no regrets as it doesn't owe us a thing. I imagine I'll miss some of it's simplicity, but I will not miss putting it together.

  8. #8Deere500a2024-10-18 23:28

    Bobcat B300 backhoe you can use bobcat attachment off the front rack/grader etc.

  9. #9Welder Dave2024-10-18 23:58

    Having basically the same question in 2 threads is confusing. Tractor's with removable backhoes and 3pt. hitch used to be common. Massey Ferguson had them in the 60's, 70's and I think into the 80's. I'm sure Case and JD may have had them too. A tractor with a dedicated 3pt. hitch is the best bet. A good 3pt. will have a leveling crank on the right arm and also have draft control. It's not a simple pair of arms that go up and down. Some industrial tractors also had down pressure on the 3pt. but generally the 3pt. acts like float position. Draft control let's you do a lot more with ground engaging implements.