Hi folks, I have a sumitomo era (97) jcb Js160, similar ecu to case , linkbelt. I did an ecu reset as per service manual and now the throttle setup sequence is not completing. I have reset the short spring loaded linkage length that connects to the throttle motor spindle arm. I replaced a jammed limit switch inside the throttle motor. Both limit switches are good back to the motor driver connector when the spindle is turned to min and max ( powered off) It worked before the reset. During the setup sequence it revs up after pressing the cushion button, stays there for several seconds, then the rpms drop right down, with the electrical problem message displayed. When the stepper cycles at reset it sees both limit switches, and parks closer to max limit switch. I think it should stop nearer to the min limit. It seems the range is not broad enough., rpm range is approx 500rpm. I've tried low end and high end setups. Using the 'manual' throttle buttons (ecu off) I have a wide range. I can shift the rpm range by adjusting linkage length I know this is old tech and a lot have been bypassed. Any pointers appreciated. Similar issues to this thread, however I think the OP managed to solve his issues without the reset. HeavyEquipmentForums
You could also have a problem with the engine speed sensor in the flywheel housing.Adjustment wind it all the way in and 1 to 1.5 turns out .The adjustment was always a critical part and that all cables were good and linkage free to move.
Thanks Jeff. Same info im using. When i scroll through the display live rpm is there. I found slightly more detail in the case version which mentions minimum coolant temp for setup to complete. This is also reading ok.
Do you get any warning message up in the display like 0000 have you done a self test via the dash panel We used to get problems in the hyd pump bay and the wiring harness rubbing through on the chassis member , This should have a main computer or controller and a separate motor throttle driver behind the seat if so i have the pin date to bench test them if its the same.
Double post
Yes getting 0000 on the clock once it aborts the setup. Out of step. Yet during the reset after entering model info the motor cycles in each direction until it sees each ls and parks.. but no errors at this stage. Both these ls are testing good into the motor driver module..behind the main controller. Prior to reset self test showed low values at idle for motor pulses (448) And also either 0 or 265mA (past a certain rpm) pwm to the pump psv. this 265 figure is actual as checked with ammeter. spec states 330 in S mode and up to 520 in H mode. Rpm TV and temps were good on self test. The ps input test showed a broken upper ps. Any info on the driver or controller would be great.
Here is the pin data and expected results for you. Have you checked the wiring to the t/motor nr the the chassis at the pump bay was always a prone point of loom issues.
Just had a thought do you have a hammer circuit on this if so the hammer pressure switch is not in the closed position by chance faulty switch /wiring? so as to see a lower rpm value.
The other thing did you have a electrical fault before reset as it probably wont like reset with error message.
thanks will check the wiring in more detail for damage. no errors showing prior to reset, just some out of range values
Also make sure that the scrap magnet is not been selected also that the machine is not set up for kerosene as this will have a lower value on your mA value and rpm.
Heres the pic
Here you go some more info for you.
Here is the other part .