Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sumitomo/ Link Belt

Battlecr · 2023-12-03 09:44

I have recently purchased a LS 2600 Link Belt / Sumitomo excavator. It’s an old machine With manual controls. I’m hoping to find a manual for it. I have found a reproduction parts manual for it. I also understand that the same machine was made for Case. Which must be true from all the orange paint I found in the engine compartment. She’s a little tired but for the ranch it should work fine. Plus the price was right. Right now I’m cleaning the machine and trying to figure out the electrical system. The tracks are pretty worn out may have to pull a link. Is there a Sumitomo dealer in the US? Or what Case Excavator does this machine cross over too. Thanks in advance for any help. Don G.

Replies6
  1. #1MG842023-12-03 10:56

    I believe the joint venture between Case and Sumitomo didn’t start until somewhere in the early to mid 90’s. That machine appears to be older than that but I could be wrong. I think Linkbelt partnered with Sumitomo several years before Case did, so it may indeed just be a Linkbelt model.

  2. #2Battlecr2023-12-03 11:55

    You are probably right, the orange paint could be a Sumitomo color. The controls are a combination of stick and foot pedals. Don G.

  3. #3KSSS2023-12-03 12:53

    Does the right price mean free?

  4. #4Battlecr2023-12-03 13:39

    Not free but very affordable. It’s very functional.

  5. #5KSSS2023-12-03 21:40

    Well...ok.

  6. #6davejo2023-12-04 21:20

    I have one that looks worse. Link Belt is still doing business. sign up on their website and you can look your machine up by serial number. They have a bunch of stuff online, i'm sure they have the electrical schematic...