Hi My 2007 Sumitomo SH210-5 has 8900 hours and is still in average condition. I am having issues with it since a year now. No power under load. Problem started in April 2019. Had agents check the machine. no fault could be found. We were asked to replace a few engine sensors. We cleaned out the fuel tank twice. Changed the fuel lines. Ran injector cleaner through the system. The machine seemed to work fine and was sent out. However, it had intermittent issues. In the first week. The machine would not start and an electrician was sent out. He found the tracker causing a problem which was then disconnected. The Excavator worked 3 weeks more but began having airlocks as the client wasn't filling enough Diesel. Finally the Excavator was brought back. Tank cleaned again. Filters changed. It was found that the wiring harness for the engine was burnt just under the exhaust. An electrician joined the wires /, replaced about 300mm of damaged wires. The Engine speed sensor was renewed. Finally not making a difference, I purchased a new Diesel lift pump and a high pressure pump sensor/switch. After doing so the machine wouldn't start at all. I am now not sure if it's the injectors/ or engine harness/ high pressure pump / turbo? One of the injectors were spraying slow according to the assistant mechanic. Codes on the screen: 1632, 1635 and I think 0341. Low voltage below 5amp, another is low fuel pressure and the 3rd is Cam timing. I am hoping someone here knows these Isuzu 4hk1 engines or had similar problems. I would appreciate your assistance.
Good day Cat At nearing 9k it may well be worth considering a complete check of the motor including all of the fuel system, you do not mention if the stack smoke is normal at high free idle and under load it could give a clue as to the cause. Kind regards Uffex
Hi Uffex Thank you for your response. There is no smoke at idle or under load, the motor is sounding good, it hasn't been an oil taker. I have not had much work for it hence I have left it this long, trying to fix it whenever possible. However, I now have use for it. I don't mind getting the motor checked up, but the agents work by trial and error so I don't know what I would end up paying. I seen a post of a Hitachi Zaxis with the same 4hk1 engine, the injector was the cause. A Sumitomo owner and technician recommend I put a complete new engine harness as that resolved the problem most of the time. Another Sumitomo technician is leaning towards the High pressure pump.
Fault code meaning: 0341 = CAM position sensor fault. 1632 = Atmosphere pressure sensor supply power fault. 1635 = Common Rail pressure sensor + EGR position sensor supply power fault.
The electrical circuit diagram of SH210-5.
The engine of Sumitomo SH210-5 and Hitachi ZX210-3 are the same, they have been installed ISUZU AI-4HK1X engine. I have the ISUZU AI-4HK1X engine manual of Hitachi ZX210-3 , I will send to your email if you want to refer.
Thank you very much, I would appreciate that. Currently awaiting a new harness and cam sensor I will send you a private message with my email address.
Thank you for your help. Currently awaiting a harness and cam sensor. Will appreciate the Engine manual. I have sent you my email address
Thank you very much. My email address is [email protected]
tq very much sir... this my email [email protected]
Salut les gars J'ai presque le même problème 1632 = Défaut d'alimentation du capteur de pression atmosphérique. 1635 = Défaut alimentation capteur de pression Common Rail + capteur de position EGR. si vous avez un aidé pour résoudre mon problème aidez moi s'il vous plaît . cordialement Douahchia mon e-mail : [email protected] watssap. +216 22 854 195 merci D avance
Hi guys I have almost the same problem 1632 = Atmospheric pressure sensor power supply fault. 1635 = Common Rail pressure sensor + EGR position sensor supply fault. If you have any help to solve my problem please help me. cordially Douahchia my e-mail: [email protected] watssap. +216 22 854 195 thank you in advance