Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sunward swe 40ub

Stjepan ยท 2017-12-14 11:51

Hey guys, do you think it is better to buy a new sunward 2017 or a used branded excavator from 2014 with 2000 hours for the same price? There are not many reviews of these excavators, but since this is my first excavator I would love to have a new one. This has a kubota D1803-M-DI-E3B engine with 23.8 kW.

Replies2
  1. #1Clguest2017-12-15 09:28

    Here in the states I was not able to find a used excavator 3.5 Ton class that did not have problems that would require time and money to resolve plus lost work time. I looked for several years and even at equipment with less than 500 hours. Given the choice here, I would have bought Sunward new. Used costs MUCH more than the purchase price.

  2. #2Plebeian2017-12-17 21:18

    With your location you might be better (or worse) off with a used Hitachi excavator that is made in the Netherlands for a first machine. You might have to go across the border to find a worth while machine.(how do your tax laws work for bringing in used machines?) e.g https://www.mascus.co.uk/construction/used-mini-diggers-excavators-7/hitachi-zx-52-u-3/sdresoyj.html