Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sunward SWE18UF Slew issue

micbeth ยท 2023-04-14 22:08

I have a 2020 Sunward SWE18UF, jumped on the mahine this morning and it wouldn't slew a full 360 degree. Try the otherway same thing, It is very smooth both ways not a noise, just when it gets to approximatley 340 degrees stops and I get the same thing if I turn it back the other way. Smooth and quiet all the way to about 340 degrees, then stops loke I have let go of the lever. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Replies7
  1. #1Tones2023-04-14 22:31

    This is going to be a tricky one. Is there any way of checking the slew ring for missing or damaged teeth. Most excavators have a plate that can be removed to grease the gears.lt is also a inspection hole.

  2. #2Tones2023-04-14 22:31

    This is going to be a tricky one. Is there any way of checking the slew ring for missing or damaged teeth. Most excavators have a plate that can be removed to grease the gears.lt is also a inspection hole.

  3. #3micbeth2023-04-14 22:42

    On this one I would have to remove the swing motor. The machine was fine when I parked, it has only done 380 hours. There doesnt appear (or sound) to have mechanical damage, it just stops in the same area if I slew left or right.

  4. #4Tones2023-04-15 00:58

    The reason for my thoughts is all parts in the slew motor and gearbox are doing more that one rotation without any noise or vibration, plus it's stopping in the same area either way. Maybe if you extend the bucket out to maximum reach, slew it around until it stops, shut off the engine then try and move the bucket by hand to see or listen for anything. I'm like you and guessing. PS. Is there any warranty involved? If there is call your dealer.

  5. #5micbeth2023-04-15 01:45

    I think I will call the distributor on Monday, but I picked the machine up second hand and it is just over 3 years old. So I'm not holding my breath. If I dont have any luck, I will take the swivel motor out and see if the machine will turn a full 360 deg.

  6. #6terry.tejeda2023-04-15 13:44

    I'm working on a cat 302.5c mini excavator. It's flashing the wrench on the display at all times. Only 1 fault code showing which is E890.9. I can not find it anywhere. What is that code??

  7. #7micbeth2023-04-18 05:46

    So the issue was due to the grease point that supplies grease to the swing motor gear and ring gear tore of somehow and got chewed up and caused the jam. I now have to manufacture a new grease point. It would be greatly apreciated if anybody has images of what they look like or would a bracket that aims the grease at the ring gear be suffient?