I am replacing forks on a 1048 square shooter terrex. I can use hydraulic power off tilt cylinder to run one fuction of my new head but I have another set of cylinders on new header I need to supply oil to. Is there an easy way to go about this or am I going to have to run another set of lines down boom?
Im not an expert but i would think you will have to run a separate set down the boom if you dont have an auxiliary connection factory mounted. They make hydraulic cable reels for cranes that would probably work for this. You could just mount it out toward the end of the main boom section. They come with a set of rollers that mount to each boom. That would require running a whole new hydraulic circuit also. I will say they are pretty $$ so i dont know if it would be worth it. That's up to you.
Yes it will be worth the investment, I have patented a tree limb & top remover. The terrex does have aux. Hyd to the fork leveler but the lines are so small I didn't figure it would supply enough oil to operate my cylinders but it would only have to operate one components at a time. I have electric valve controls to work the different cylinders so I will have to attach reel for wire. I wonder just what that little aux. Would flow?
No clue on the flow, I know our Lull will power a grout pump for grouting masonry walls. That takes about 10 gpm if i remember correctly. I would call Genie if you want to know for sure. They are great at being able to look up anything you would ever want to know. If you find you dont have the flow, the older Cat TH model lifts offered a high flow option. Just a thought.
Sir i will take your advice with graditude.