Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Surveilance Cams

DPete ยท 2012-05-18 22:07

We have 360 degree cams watching the equipment, hard to see but they are on the left by the portable generator. Gives a little peace of mind with all those batteries and fuel. The customer rented them so it did not cost me anything.

Replies11
  1. #1Dualie2012-05-19 00:08

    I put them up at the yard and caught a couple of scrap rats on them but the cops didnt really want to **** about it. But im starting to see those 360 deg wirelessly monitored cameras more and more around the area.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2012-05-20 14:48

    I'm looking at putting some systems in at the places I maintain for work due to vandalism. I'd be interested in more ifo if you have some.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2012-05-20 15:53

    Dan Do you know if they are rented or purchased. One of my jobs I hope to start, if the permits ever get issued, is in a less desirable neighborhood. That may be just the thing to supplement someone staying onsite. The job is right at the end of scrapyard row, so the theives don't even have to carry the stuff far to try to unload it.

  4. #4Bluetop Man2012-05-20 16:28

    This is what I carry in "less desirable neighborhoods": http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/stendak/2008_0807LiteMountain0001.jpg

  5. #5tireman2012-05-20 17:05

    Help me out here, DPete.That front 623 appears to me to be a G model, the rear an F, but the front one looks to me to have the rear tires in the saddle.Are my eyes deceiving me?

  6. #6DPete2012-05-20 21:34

    Hi Jerry , the cams are rented and are solar powered I'll take a close up tomorrow, the generator is powering a well that feeds the water tower, nothing to do with the cams. Tireman the front scraper is a repowerd E 6YF388, they put in a teir 3 C15 and all the G nose wear to get the air to air cooling, everything G from the tranny forward, so it's kind of a mutt. Steve , I'll try to get info and price

  7. #7Randy882012-05-20 22:27

    Guys I've known have used cameras and were not happy with them, it was either too dark or too far away and the criminals face wasn't visable enough to get a conviction or arrest and lisence plates were not able to be read, most figured out who was doing the crime, but no legal punishment came about from it, some after hours off the books threats and vehicle smashing took place to give warnings to those that did the crime, but am curious if the newer camera's are better and the legal system is now working on the side of the victims and not the criminals, was also curious as how to keep the camera's from getting shot out before the crimials get caught on the camera? That was another complaint I've heard about, the owners or workers show the next day and stuffs stolen and the camera's are shot out and nothing was caught on camera. Buetop man, loved the image, but who's going to stay all night to use it if unwelcomed guests did show up?

  8. #8tireman2012-05-21 21:16

    Thanks for clearing that up for me, Dan. I know that they did away with the saddle(finally) on the F model, and sat here scratching my head and cleaning my reading glasses trying to make sense of what I was seeing.You know how it is, something you don't wanna see you can spot a mile away.I'd personally rather deal with both fronts blown than have to fcuk with a saddle. They aren't as bad as some folks make them out to be(usually), but they are a pain in the arse I'd prefer to avoid if given the option.What ruined me doing them was the old cable operated tow cats,50 years worth of rust build up on top of being tube-type.:throwupOh the misery!

  9. #9DPete2012-05-21 21:19

    The cam guy was out today but did not know the pricing, Jerry there is an office in LA, you could call the 800 number. PS the water pull is one of the best pieces I have ever bought, much better than a truck for bigger dirt, wish it was a 615 with a little suspension instead of a 613

  10. #10JDOFMEMI2012-05-22 12:55

    Thanks Dan. That is a nice looking little water wagon. You are right though, they ride like a brick. I used to rent ones like that. Now I have some 35 ton artic trucks converted to tankers. That is a good deal. I will check out the cameras when we ever get going.

  11. #11markshr1512012-05-22 15:15

    I am in a hurry right now but if you look into IP cameras they can do amazing things even let you talk to the crooks on the spot with your smart phone.