Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SV185 aux puzzle

pZak1520 · 2023-08-04 17:21

When using an attachment that needs the auxiliary control it will arbitrarily stop working. I then hit the park button then unpark, then it works for a while. I have tried both control methods (ISO/H) but it doesn’t seem to matter. For example, when using the grapple bucket, the tilt, raise and lower works fine, but the grapple stops grappling. When I park, and unpark, then it will work again for a while. The machine is a 2012 Case SV185. I lifted the cab to clean it out and can’t see anything obviously wrong, but I don’t know what to look for.

Replies5
  1. #1ozarkag2023-08-04 22:47

    When it stop working, is a code displayed? The aux is all electrical controlled, and in the scenario described I would expect it is coding, then cycling park resets it. Could possibly be related to the rocker switch in the handle, but an error code would narrow it down. If no code I would expect it to randomly start working again, without the reset.

  2. #2pZak15202023-08-05 10:40

    I don’t believe there’s a code, I haven’t seen one, but there is a slim chance I might have missed it. So far it’s never come back without cycling the park.

  3. #3pZak15202023-08-08 15:56

    More info, I thought I'd test a few things, so I put on the tiller to see how it acted. When I went to pick up the tiller I had to cycle park to extend the pins. After hooking up the tiller and using it for about 45 minutes with no problems I was hopeful. The next day I took it out and within 10 minutes it failed. I kept the tiller on for a few minutes to see if it would come back, nope, I tried wiggling the switch to no effect. I tried using the park button on the joystick to no effect. Cycling the park from the dash made it function again. There was no error code at any time. arrggg

  4. #4KSSS2023-08-08 21:23

    I had a TR320, same year, that did that. I have trying to remember what it was. I would pull the handle apart and check the wiring. Those machines had issues with wire routing that was fixed, but the 2012's had the issue. I think they replaced the handle on that machine. I just cant remember for sure any more. It was under warranty when it happened so I didn't pay much attention to it. I never had that happen again in that machine or any of them since then.

  5. #5pZak15202023-08-09 15:20

    thanks I'll check it out